Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 7 posts.
07:50 AM on 03/04/13
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
5) Off With Their Heads - Home (March 12)
NoteThe band's second album with Epitaph looks to be Off With Their Heads' best album yet. Packed full of energy, Home takes everything you loved about the Minneapolis punk outfit and Ryan Young's harsh vocals and takes it to the next level.

4) Caravels - Lacuna (March 26)
NoteAfter taking the post-hardcore world by storm with its split EP with Gifts From Enola in 2012, Caravels is primed to set it on fire in 2013 with its Topshelf Records debut, Lacuna. The album was live tracked in Vegas and it shows - you won't many albums this raw, intense, and emotional in 2013.

3) The Story So Far - What You Don't See (March 26)
NoteAfter wowing fans with its 2011 Pure Noise debut, Under Soil and Dirt, The Story So Far has been advertised as the next great hope in the pop-punk community going into 2013. Will the band's upcoming new album, What You Don't See, live up to the hype? Find out March 26th. Spoiler alert: it does.

2) Senses Fail - Renacer (March 26)
NoteWho says you can't teach an old dog new tricks? 13 years into the scene and Senses Fail is still evolving and releasing its best material yet, as Renacer is a colossal departure from its previous albums. Vocalist Buddy Nielsen has never sound better or more positive, while the music is Senses Fail's heaviest yet.

1) Justin Timberlake - The 20/20 Experience (March 19)
NoteSeriously though, who isn't anticipating this album at least just a little bit? It's been over six years since Justin Timberlake released the benchmark in pop (FutureSex/LoveSounds, and it seems like he's set his goals even higher with his upcoming third album (10 tracks 70 minutes!). If "Mirrors" is any indication, this album will be well worth the six-plus year wait.

Honorable MentionsWavves - Afraid of Heights (March 26)
Youth Lagoon - Wondrous Bughouse (March 5)
Cartel - Collider (March 26)
Lydia - Devil (March 19)
The Color Morale - Know Hope (March 26)
Josh Ritter - The Beasts in its Tracks (March 5)
The Strokes - Comedown Machine (March 26)
08:19 AM on 03/04/13
Drew Beringer
User Info.
Stoked for Off With Their Heads and Wavves! And I now feel compelled to look at lists obsessively to see if this is the first time Justin Timberlake and OWTH have appeared on the same lists ever before.
haha very true. It's what makes AP.net unique I guess!
I'm really disappointed in the new The Story So Far... so far. Upon my first 2 listens, nothing really stood out.

you should wait for high quality stream of the album before judging it.
08:19 AM on 03/04/13
Drew Beringer
User Info.
Yeah, April is when the good shit really gets going. But Caravels should be sweet. TSSF was solid. JT will likely not disappoint.
yeah, my top 5 anticipated list for that month is gonna be tough haha
08:50 AM on 03/04/13
Drew Beringer
User Info.
I work for a french webzine called Alternativ News and we have a high quality stream already. I'm not saying it's a bad record, I'm just saying it's not as immediate and catchy as USAD.
my mistake then! I've always been a casual fan of TSSF but I really dig the shit out of the new album.
08:50 AM on 03/04/13
Drew Beringer
User Info.
Nightmares for a Week - Civilian War
Nails - Abandon All Life (delivers)
Caravels - Lacuna (not the game-changer I wanted, but maybe it needs more attention)
Incendiary - Cost of Living
The Men - New Moon (pretty good, but toothless compared to the rest of their catalog)
Lydia - Devil
Off with Their Heads - Home (better than In Desolation, not as good as From the Bottom; "Nightlife" might be their best song ever)
After the Fall - Unkind (slightly better than expected)
I need to check out that Nails album for sure.
08:58 PM on 03/04/13
Drew Beringer
User Info.
Which is why I'm excited about it. The one single they've released had divided its fan base. I guess I'm mostly excited to see people's reaction over all, as opposed to hearing the album.

Since I'm finally into FS/LS I'm excited for JT as well.

I enjoyed both of their albums but I really didn't like what he did with his voice in that single. But I'm hoping I'll like the new album

I think it's the best album yet from the band, I know the vocal style is different in the single but it really works throughout, album has some serious heavy bangers on it.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests