Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 44
10:27 AM on 03/04/13
amandaisazebra
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I think it's great how so many people are bringing Mahogany Records and/or Adam Fox into this thread. Maybe Ben Liebsch should stop making false promises and stop being a complete fuck up.
10:31 AM on 03/04/13
baylyh
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I think it's great how so many people are bringing Mahogany Records and/or Adam Fox into this thread. Maybe Ben Liebsch should stop making false promises and stop being a complete fuck up.

My problem has nothing at all to do with Ben and everything to do with Mahogany Records. They're who I ordered this LP from and who, nearly two months later, still haven't sent it out or responded to any of my emails or facebook comments with anything more than "we never got a message from you..."
10:31 AM on 03/04/13
killedxatxnight
User Info.
Well lets see, we can't send out orders when we don't have all the material to do it. Ben is working on the books and lyric sheets. Crews JUST showed up today and will start shipping today.
10:33 AM on 03/04/13
killedxatxnight
User Info.
My problem has nothing at all to do with Ben and everything to do with Mahogany Records. They're who I ordered this LP from and who, nearly two months later, still haven't sent it out or responded to any of my emails or facebook comments with anything more than "we never got a message from you..."
Maybe we never got your first emails? Things happen. To come here bad bash a label you know nothing about it stupid and childish. But have a nice day
10:37 AM on 03/04/13
jeremyhum27
User Info.

i emailed them through kickstarter and their official website and got the "we never got a message from you" as well. so, it seems like they are overwhelmed and maybe in over their heads. i am not bashing, just trying to understand what it is like from their side. still sucks that it isn't really working out. and ben is probably holding up the kickstarters, because he held up the ep release of "things are really weird right now". he was supposed to write postcard lyrics for all the songs, and i only got two of the four he was supposed to send.

anyway, hopefully it all works out and the vinyl variants do look good.
10:42 AM on 03/04/13
baylyh
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Maybe we never got your first emails? Things happen. To come here bad bash a label you know nothing about it stupid and childish. But have a nice day

Not trying to "bad bash" just ridiculously frustrated at this point, but calling me stupid and childish just adds to what's chalking up to a relly poor customer service experience.

i emailed them through kickstarter and their official website and got the "we never got a message from you" as well. so, it seems like they are overwhelmed and maybe in over their heads. i am not bashing, just trying to understand what it is like from their side. still sucks that it isn't really working out. and ben is probably holding up the kickstarters, because he held up the ep release of "things are really weird right now". he was supposed to write postcard lyrics for all the songs, and i only got two of the four he was supposed to send.

anyway, hopefully it all works out and the vinyl variants do look good.

That's definitely what it seems like. And I completely understand with the crewnecks and kickstarter packages, I just don't understand when mine included neither of those things. But yes, hopefully it does work out. The variants look great and from what I've heard it sounds fantastic.
10:43 AM on 03/04/13
killedxatxnight
User Info.
To further clarify, everything is up to date on our end. We are awaiting the kickstarter rewards from Ben and we just got crewnecks which will start shipping out today.
Also to clarify, we never had the intention of pressing this ep so I don't even know why our name got thrown in here.
10:45 AM on 03/04/13
killedxatxnight
User Info.
Not trying to "bad bash" just ridiculously frustrated at this point, but calling me stupid and childish just adds to what's chalking up to a relly poor customer service experience.

That's definitely what it seems like. And I completely understand with the crewnecks and kickstarter packages, I just don't understand when mine included neither of those things. But yes, hopefully it does work out. The variants look great and from what I've heard it sounds fantastic.
I chimed in with bashing a label makes you look stupid and childish, if you say you are doing neither if those then in fact you aren't being stupid or childish. It wasn't directed towards you calling you that and I apologize if it came off that way. Feel free to email me personally and I will get your order figured out today.

Adam@mahoganyrecords.com
10:50 AM on 03/04/13
jeremyhum27
User Info.
To further clarify, everything is up to date on our end. We are awaiting the kickstarter rewards from Ben and we just got crewnecks which will start shipping out today.
Also to clarify, we never had the intention of pressing this ep so I don't even know why our name got thrown in here.

yeah, i apologize for getting off thread. but baylyh seemed to be getting the same business as me, so i thought it would be good to share the experience. and i thought the kickstarters and the preorder from the site were projected for a january release, and i ordered everything back in october, so it seems like a long wait. but hope it all turns out well. thanks for responding.

it's cool that the ep is getting pressed. excited to see the variant.
10:50 AM on 03/04/13
killedxatxnight
User Info.
Adam? Is that you? (lol)
Also hey augie, it's me Adam
10:51 AM on 03/04/13
killedxatxnight
User Info.
yeah, i apologize for getting off thread. but baylyh seemed to be getting the same business as me, so i thought it would be good to share the experience. and i thought the kickstarters and the preorder from the site were projected for a january release, and i ordered everything back in october, so it seems like a long wait. but hope it all turns out well. thanks for responding.

it's cool that the ep is getting pressed. excited to see the variant.
Feel free to email me at the address a few posts above ill get your order taken care of!
11:12 AM on 03/04/13
Hojonny
youtube.com/crashtestprod
User Info.
Feel free to email me at the address a few posts above ill get your order taken care of!

Wow, this went from "screw off" to "Let me PR you!" in 3 posts flat! For what it's worth I got both of my records and they do look amazing. BUT, I also emailed through their site/kickstarter multiple times and never got a reply.

So, in summation: product is great, service could use some work.
11:17 AM on 03/04/13
StephenYoung
dumb
User Info.
Knew this thread would descend into bashing Mahogany Records.
It's been an entertaining view from the sidelines.
11:57 AM on 03/04/13
killedxatxnight
User Info.
It's really hit or miss with the kickstarter messages and comments. Half of the time we don't even get notified of them
12:07 PM on 03/04/13
brussel sprouts
You, Me and Everyone We KNow
User Info.
Casey at Red Beard has been great and i am really excited about the EP going to vinyl. A pre order will be up sooner than later.

Now, to address the whole Mahogany Records/Some Things Don't Wash Out vinyl situation:

I think, all things considered, I should spell out how everything occured on my end. At some point Adam messaged me and told me his label was pressing the LP to vinyl. He told me that Doghouse was asking 2K for licensing (1K for them, 1K for the band). I told him to go ahead and send that 1K to me directly, as everyone else had long since left and i had hopes of paying off some remaining band debts. Adam responded to me informing me that doghouse was now asking for 2K and that they would pay me the 1K regardless. I offered to use some of those funds to create a small handbound book about how the record and its songs came to be as an incentive to help out his kickstarter. I also wanted to see their plan for everything before I signed on to help. They launched the kickstarter before this happened.
Not a big deal at the time. Adam and I discussed my plans for the funds he'd promised me. I was intending to press the EP i had yet to release. Kickstarter gets funded. Adam tells me they will be sending money my way once they receive the funds from kickstarter.

A few weeks later, it came out that they were not going to be able to pay me. The cost of the record had gone up or something. I felt a little deceived as I was repeatedly assured I would be paid in order to make these books. I didn't have the money to make the books and i informed Adam of this. Adam said he wasn't sure when he would be able to pay me. At some point I sent them a possible payment plan. A bit later Adam asked how the books were coming and I repeated to him the message that they werent going to be done until I had been paid. It was at this point Lincoln, the other guy at Mahogany Records, emailed me.

Lincoln stated to me that Doghouse asked for my half of that 2K because the record hadn't recouped, which i have to disagree with as they have only paid for half of the recording cost in the first place. Anyhow, Lincoln said to me that the only legal agreement he had was with doghouse so there wasn't anything that could be done because he was apparently completely unaware that Adam had promised me this money and they plain didn't have it. I asked for 1K worth of records at cost but agreed to 1K worth of records at retail. I also told Lincoln I wouldn't be comfortable with delivering the books or even continuing the writing until I had the records in hand. I'm still waiting on the records. Maybe i'm an asshole. No wait, definitely an asshole. Just trying to do everything by the books these days.

I have heard some not so great things about their customer service. I chalk all of this up to lack of experience. Good guys with good intentions. There is always a learning curve with something like this.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos