Poochemist
Not that easy to confuse
User Info.
Time to give it another spin tonight!
10:52 PM on 03/04/13
TomAce
Still Listens To Limbeck
User Info.
i really had no idea how much of my musical landscape was shaped within this one month a decade ago. shit is wild.

also, everyone forgot to mention Driftwood.
11:19 PM on 03/04/13
Jsmall
May life always have flavor
User Info.
i really had no idea how much of my musical landscape was shaped within this one month a decade ago. shit is wild.

Agree on Driftwood. That, Bloody Murderer, and Staying Alive all jump around as my favorite. Still every song (and interlude) on this album is perfection.
12:26 AM on 03/05/13
IWasHerHorse
User Info.
To be honest I have never listened to anything but Domestica and Ugly Organ fully through, but I love both dearly. Glad to know they released some decent material after TUO.
They released good albums before Domestica too. It's kind of like Fugazi and Mineral, people who don't like those two records need to have their ears checked.

This is the only song I can listen to outside the context of the whole album. Maybe the best single song on the album.
01:10 AM on 03/05/13
kazuma_ootaro28
User Info.
Didn't get into this band until several months after it came out, but "Some Red-Handed Slight of Hand" got me hooked. Did take me only several years to finally listen to Domestica though (oof) but that might just be my favorite of theirs.
01:14 AM on 03/05/13
TomAce
Still Listens To Limbeck
User Info.
This is the only song I can listen to outside the context of the whole album. Maybe the best single song on the album.

to me its the summation of that album, where their groovier melodic side catches up to their aggression and joins forces.

i'd say it's my favorite, but from a sheer compositional aspect The Recluse is an absolute beast. the way those voices come in at the last chorus still excite me to this day, as well as all the other flourishes that weave in and out of that track, and that vocal melody just hurts. as far as pop singles go, it doesn't get much better written than that song.
01:42 AM on 03/05/13
katietheskatie
walking on a wire on the ground
User Info.
there's no use to keep a secret, everything i hide ends up in lyrics
07:58 AM on 03/05/13
kneifelspy
She never sleeps.
User Info.
Beloved - Failure On
Biffy Clyro - The Vertigo Of Bliss
Billy Talent - Billy Talent
Brand New - Deja Entendu
Cursive - The Ugly Organ
Fall Out Boy - Take This to Your Grave
Murder By Death - Who Will Survive, and What Will Be Left of Them?
Rise Against - Revolutions Per Minute
Thrice - The Artist In The Ambulance
Thursday - War All The Time (yeah I know Full Collapse is better but WATT was a great album)

just 10 great albums in 2003 and I haven't even mentioned AFI, Boysetsfire, Every Time I Die and The Movielife who made fantastic albums as well. Possibly my favourite year for albums
Oooh, good call on MBD.
09:37 AM on 03/05/13
steve-0
i think youre an idiot
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i was a sophomore in college when this came out. pretty sure I DLed it off IRC. I had never heard anything like it. i really tried to get into their other albums, but never really could (Domestica and the one after Happy Hollow or whatever it was called) but this album is just brilliant. I saw them play in OKC at a horrible venue a few months after it came out and it is probably in my top 2 concerts ever. they finished, walked off the stage and everyone stood there in stunned silence for about 2 minutes before the sound guy cut off the feedback from the guitars. it was like a trance.

the other 2 really important albums i loved from that year were 'Take this to your Grave' and 'Beneath Medicine Tree' which I cant believe no one has mentioned.

and yea, I feel old.
11:46 AM on 03/05/13
Feenucks
Majority Bones
User Info.
Absolutely amazing album. I rock it all the time.
12:17 PM on 03/05/13
Zac Djamoos
fantasizing the sight of manhattan
User Info.
They released good albums before Domestica too. It's kind of like Fugazi and Mineral, people who don't like those two records need to have their ears checked.

Mineral is one o my favorites so that sounds great.
09:01 PM on 03/06/13
TheRocketKid
Jose the Rocket Kid
User Info.
not a day goes by where i don't bump this album (along with the rest of 'em)
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums