Password
Video News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 36.
07:58 AM on 03/05/13
crutchfield
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I just don't get Frank Turner

I love his music, but i dont know whether i would "get" or appreciate him had i never seen him live. Id never heard of him until i saw him open for gaslight anthem awhile back. I was so wowed by his performance i had to buy him a beer.

I usually cant stand the guy with the acoustic guitar playing "earnest heartfelt alt-country folk punk"...but frank turner is the exception.

Just curious if youve seen him live before?
08:03 AM on 03/05/13
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
I'm not saying anyone does it better, or worse. I guess I'm just saying that I don't see the appeal for what he does at all. I try so hard to like him every go-around, but nothing connects.
So basically you just don't like him?
Haha to be honest now I've said it I have no idea. Charlie Simpsons solo stuff is quite similar and that is such a great album that some may consider it better. But all the others that I'm thinking of are sort of the more mainstream, pop versions. The Amy MacDonalds, KT Tunstalls, Mumford and Sons to an extent, Of Monsters and Men. That sort of thing, but I don't feel any of them actually come close to Frank.
I'd definitely consider Charlie's album better than anything Frank's done with the possible exception of L,I&S but I'm a huge fanboy of that guy, been following him for over 10 years now, but I wouldn't say they're that similar. As for the rest I definitely don't think they do the same thing Frank does and they're definitely not as good imo.
08:10 AM on 03/05/13
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
I love his music, but i dont know whether i would "get" or appreciate him had i never seen him live. Id never heard of him until i saw him open for gaslight anthem awhile back. I was so wowed by his performance i had to buy him a beer.

I usually cant stand the guy with the acoustic guitar playing "earnest heartfelt alt-country folk punk"...but frank turner is the exception.

Just curious if youve seen him live before?
I saw him at Bamboozle a few years back. I was definitely more into that.
08:28 AM on 03/05/13
crutchfield
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I saw him at Bamboozle a few years back. I was definitely more into that.

I enjoy his recordings but he definitely translates better live. As an opening act, he had the entire venue engaged and singing along to photosynthesize. Even the bar/venue staff and people who hadnt ever heard him (like myself).
08:36 AM on 03/05/13
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.

How do people not love this?
09:13 AM on 03/05/13
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
User Info.
So good.
09:24 AM on 03/05/13
jdr277
I got a lion in my pocket I'm lying
User Info.
That was great! Stoked for the new album!
09:46 AM on 03/05/13
dannylololol
Stay Hungry. Stay Free.
User Info.
I want this album now
10:16 AM on 03/05/13
Grohl
RATA
User Info.
Love how his sound has slowly crawled into pub rock and Springsteen and Petty. I want to dance.
11:29 AM on 03/05/13
Helen Keller.
Moustache Cash Stash
User Info.
I'm not saying anyone does it better, or worse. I guess I'm just saying that I don't see the appeal for what he does at all. I try so hard to like him every go-around, but nothing connects.
I think because he writes honest, relatable, and blunt songs. It's shit that you can laugh and cry to without having to sort through the poetry. It's honest music from a great guy, and I think that really resonates with people.
11:30 AM on 03/05/13
Helen Keller.
Moustache Cash Stash
User Info.
Also, this song rules just as much as Four Simple Words. Cannot wait for Tape Deck Heart.
01:48 PM on 03/05/13
kmonkey2
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I need to listen to more Frank Turner. Every time I listen to him I love the songs.
02:55 PM on 03/05/13
scott!athedisco
User Info.
How do people not love this?

haha whenever I show my friends Frank Turner, and receive disinterested "eh...it's pretty cool, whats next?" I find myself perplexed and asking the same question you did - how the !#$*$#%*#@($%$% do people not love this?! people have been striving for millennia to make music like this! don't you get it man?!?!

I don't see how Frank Turner is not everyone's favorite band.
03:21 PM on 03/05/13
suicidalmoose
Lindsay let me kiss your forehead!
User Info.
great song and great video. this man rules, but that goes without saying. Gonna listen to Charlie Simpson, I have no idea who that guy is.
03:29 PM on 03/05/13
JimmyIymmiJ
Go on, give up, you'll never win...
User Info.
I don't see how Frank Turner is not everyone's favorite band.

This.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests