Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 4 posts.
11:24 AM on 03/05/13
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
User Info.
Probably my favorite record we've done so far. Gotta figure out what I want us to do next week.
02:11 PM on 03/05/13
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
User Info.
It's best that none of us think about these things. This will probably be the last comment on this article, but at least I tried lol.

Seriously, what the fuck? Maybe it's too long?

Let it Be is prolly just as good, but I still fucking love this record. One of my favorites I have on vinyl.
I always try to play bastards of young at a big party or Here comes a regular if we are just hanging out and I usually get weird looks except from a few cool people who appreciate it and sing along. Most of the time some dude calls me a *** and the mats shit then turns back on Wiz, mac miller or Rihanna. :(

Is this your house or someone else's? If it's yours, you should be kicking those assholes out without a second thought. It it's not yours, you should leave and go find people who listen to good music.
04:44 PM on 03/05/13
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
User Info.
Big parties are never at my house, but if its just like 7 or 8 of us hanging at my house I put the mats on. They call it depressing so I usually Put on the Smiths, Elliot Smith or Mineral after to fuck with them.

Unless you have "Here Comes a Regular" on repeat, I don't really understand the "depressing" claims. But to each their own, I suppose.

Let It Be and Tim are two of my favorite albums of all time. Between this and The Men review that was posted earlier, it's nice to see some good music covered here. Do Husker Du next!

Husker Du is on Chris's half of the list, so we'll be getting to it at some point. Check back!

I prefer this one to Let it Be just based on sheer consistency. There're a few songs on Be - "Tommy Gets His Tonsils Out," "Gary's Got a Boner," "Seen Your Video" - that've always felt somewhat disposable for me, but here even the off-the-cuff punk numbers seem to have their place. And once you reach the second half, they kick it into fourth gear and never let up until that dense, lonesome atmosphere of "Here Comes a Regular" floats into the ether.

I don't necessarily agree with Chris that they're the most influential rock band of the past thirty years (*cough* R.E.M. *cough*), but otherwise you guys hit the nail on the head. Wonderful, iconic record that everyone should hear at least once. Excellent job once again, guys.

I'd agree that R.E.M. is more "important" (we'll get to them at some point too), but considering what a lot of the people on this site grew up listening too, I can definitely see the justification behind what he was saying.
04:45 PM on 03/05/13
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
User Info.
"Here Comes a Regular" is just...fuck, man. Ugh. Too good. Perfect. Etc.
Yes.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums