Username
Password
AP.net Related News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 40 of 40.
10:05 PM on 03/05/13
Nuns On A Bus
Hobson's Choice
User Info.
Nice! Tim is such a classic and this write up did a good job of explaining why. Obviously the two albums released around it are fantastic as well. Always happy to see these guys getting the attention they deserve! As for R.E.M., good luck picking just one album to do this feature on.

Wasn't particularly impressed by the new EP but it's still always good to hear them, they still sound pretty great.
06:52 AM on 03/06/13
rawesome
Listen to Dave Hause pls
User Info.
Good choice. TIm is one of the best albums I've ever heard. I'm really loving this feature so far!
07:08 AM on 03/06/13
Vance Mook
Fastest Kid in School
User Info.
This was an awesome read and a fantastic idea for a feature. I would love to see Hum covered, or any of their releases for that matter.
12:30 PM on 03/06/13
luckisoverrated
So is breakfast food.
User Info.
I really love this feature. It just makes me...nostalgic, I guess, even though I wasn't even thought about yet when Tim came out. I don't know.
05:23 PM on 03/06/13
StreetSpirit76
User Info.
Speaking of R.E.M., kind of a cool, little known fact: Peter Buck played lead guitar on "I Will Dare."
05:25 PM on 03/06/13
Chris Collum
User Info.
Speaking of R.E.M., kind of a cool, little known fact: Peter Buck played lead guitar on "I Will Dare."
Think he might do the mandolin solo too
05:35 PM on 03/06/13
StreetSpirit76
User Info.
Think he might do the mandolin solo too

I think you're right. But I couldn't remember if I read that or not, so I didn't want to state it as a fact. Haha. Probably did, though.
09:00 PM on 03/06/13
gman610
Second Best
User Info.
Finally got around to reading this. Great write-up, as usual. This probably means I'll be listening to Tim all day tomorrow. (Not a bad way to spend the day)
11:48 AM on 03/12/13
ugman_2000
May your music break my ear drums
User Info.
I missed this last week, great read Chris/Craig. I think I prefer Let It Be over Tim but Tim has some of my favourite Mats songs on it. Anyways This band are amazing & get overlooked a lot (at least over here in the uk - I think I've met maybe two people that knew of them & one was american)

Paul Westerberg was(and still is such a good songwriter) definitley one of the best of his generation.

Pretty certain I have this website & the Punk thread to thank for getting me into this band a few years back.
04:20 PM on 04/17/13
Steeeve Perry
Pushin' th' little daisies
User Info.
I'm way late on all of these, but will catch up! I still prefer Let It Be, but Tim is great. At first I liked it better, because Let It Be has a couple of joke songs like Gary's Got A Boner and Tommy Has His Tonsils Out or whatever they're called. But then I realised two things: 1, those joke songs helped lay the blueprint for so many pop punk albums, if there has to be filler, make it funny, or at least an in-joke. 2, the joke songs are representative of the personality that made the Mats so loved. Aside from that, Let It Be also has one of the greatest indie songs of all time. Which of course means one of the greatest songs of all time. Unsatisfied. Nothing on Tim hits those heights but it's a great album.
Still have to hear Pleased to Meet Me. Will be there soon, as I'm reading through Our Band Could Be Your Life again and buying the records I overlooked. Just on Warehouse: Songs and Stories now which means the Mats are next.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests