Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 5 posts.
11:10 AM on 03/05/13
positiv-o
throwing punches at ocean waves
User Info.
I don't care, I'm excited. I love these Frenchies.
03:39 PM on 03/05/13
positiv-o
User Info.
I'm curious if they keep toeing the line down the middle or go to the pole of being metal or pop-punk. Recording with Sturgis and their upcoming tours may be a clue to that...
Their tours are still polarizing enough. They are going on a purely pop-punk tour before going out with ADTR and other metal-core acts.
03:59 PM on 03/05/13
positiv-o
User Info.
Yeah...after typing that I realized that I kinda just stated the obvious.

I like the band a lot, but I'm super interested in what they mean when they say that they plan on doing something new and innovative (paraphrased). I think they could have success at doing any of the three options (metal, punk, hybrid) but a choice will probably be made soon.
I'm definitely excited to hear which direction they go with the album. I would personally love a more punk-ish route, but I think anything they release will be really fun, which is what I love about their music anyway, haha.
04:07 PM on 03/05/13
positiv-o
User Info.
Agreed. Even though their metal-ish stuff feels a little cheesy I still love it! Super generic, but done really well.
And they're just so good live.
Exactly how I feel! They don't necessarily break any huge ground musically or lyrically, but dammit I enjoy listening to them. Every time I've seen them live it's just been such a great show.

It seems like quite a few people write them off just because of the dumb name.

(Plus I obviously like them -- I did borrow the song name for my user name. It's not my favorite song I just thought it was a great user name idea at the time haha)
04:19 PM on 03/05/13
positiv-o
User Info.
Haha I wouldn't go THAT far for them. But I did stop by their set at Warped two days in a row to check them out. Great both times. I would love to see them again if they got on a complete lineup that looked really good and actually came here.
Haha my level of 'fan' has definitely fallen since when I first started using this user name. I'm much more of a casual listener now for sure. I saw them at Warped, but I'm just so over the heavier line-ups they get on. The pop-punk line-up is coming near here but it's too far for me to travel on a weekday.

Now I'm just rambling in the news post, I'll shut up haha.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS