AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Blink 182 News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Blink 182
Inside AP.net

AP.net Interview: Jenna Miles from ShopRadioCast...

Posted by: Thomas Nassiff (03/05/13)
Today we've got a short interview with Jenna Miles, co-owner of ShopRadioCast, talking about the new pressing of Blink-182's Take Off Your Pants and Jacket. I spoke with her about why the company wanted to get involved with this release, the failed Mightier Than Sword pressing, why they decided to offer a discount to those who preordered from MTS and more. ShopRadioCast will put up their TOYPAJ pressing for preorder on March 12; check out the interview and a timeline of the ordeal of this record release here and discuss it, along with whether you'll be preordering the release, in the replies.
We've been ready to announce it for weeks but we procrastinated because we weren't sure what the reaction would be like. But then again, we have a really good history with what we've done; I know we're actually going to release it so I'm not concerned about that. The concern was announcing it because that was a nerve-racking thing.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 74
11:02 AM on 03/05/13
Fish Man Alex
User Info.
seriously too excited to get finally my hands on this
11:03 AM on 03/05/13
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
Pretty short interview but I think there's some good stuff in there about the MTS pressing. The reason I did this is because I had a suspicion that they might have purchased the license from Mightier Than Sword - in that case I would have felt that people who preordered from MTS would deserve a free record. I'm sort of relieved to hear that they actually had their own deal with Universal.
11:07 AM on 03/05/13
bladerdude360
saved latin. What did you ever do?
User Info.
I held out for a really long time on the MTS pre-order just hoping it would eventually come out. Finally I was able to get my money back through my bank after it was clear that RJ just disappeared and had no intention of doing anything with the situation he created. Really tempted to pre-order it, but even with the 10% discount for people who ordered the last time around it's still $10 more expensive than the MTS package. I read the interview and get what they're saying, but still kind of a bummer.
11:08 AM on 03/05/13
nerd_drummer
Back off, man. I'm a scientist!
User Info.
Too bad they have the worst customer serivce.
11:16 AM on 03/05/13
anamericangod
User Info.
Was there ever any answer as to what exactly happened with MTS, or did he just fade off into the abyss with everyone's money?
11:16 AM on 03/05/13
AP_Punk
Anarchist Cat Owner
User Info.
why not just wait 'til the records are actually in hand to start selling 'em, instead of doing pre-orders months in advance? especially since such an action has negative connotations associated with it, in regard to this release. just sayin.
11:30 AM on 03/05/13
jordalsh
twitter.com/Jordalsh
User Info.
Too bad they have the worst customer serivce.
really? I've bought so much stuff from them, and whenever there's a problem they always get back to me within 24 hours, if not right away.
11:30 AM on 03/05/13
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Was there ever any answer as to what exactly happened with MTS, or did he just fade off into the abyss with everyone's money?

Dumb fuck had no clue how to run a label. Dumb fuck ran label into ground with no clue how to fix it. Stole everyone's money.
11:31 AM on 03/05/13
Rodeo
User Info.

This question needs an answer.
11:31 AM on 03/05/13
anamericangod
User Info.
Dumb fuck had no clue how to run a label. Dumb fuck ran label into ground with no clue how to fix it. Stole everyone's money.
I'd agree with you, but he'd released a lot of other stuff and nothing like that had ever happened. There's just never been any sort of explanation for what went catastrophically wrong.
11:35 AM on 03/05/13
hiddentrack
I feel fine when you’re in my head.
User Info.
What a shitty situation.
11:35 AM on 03/05/13
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I'd agree with you, but he'd released a lot of other stuff and nothing like that had ever happened. There's just never been any sort of explanation for what went catastrophically wrong.

He didnt know how to run a label and ran it straight into the ground? It's clear he's an ass who didn't know what he was doing, regardless of the few albums he somehow successfully released.
11:37 AM on 03/05/13
nerd_drummer
Back off, man. I'm a scientist!
User Info.
really? I've bought so much stuff from them, and whenever there's a problem they always get back to me within 24 hours, if not right away.
Yeah, not in my experience. Always been at least a week to answer any questions with terrible excuses.
11:45 AM on 03/05/13
juice182
User Info.
stoked.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music