Username
Password
TV News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 96.
11:37 AM on 03/06/13
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Motion City Soundtrack and The Academy Is... must have missed that memo when they passed up the opportunity to do Band in a Bubble. We all saw how well that worked out for Cartel.....

They released their most successful album...?
11:37 AM on 03/06/13
Djentleman
User Info.
and bitches complain about Jonny Craig getting "so many chances"
at least he can sing & he has personality
11:47 AM on 03/06/13
kbomb001
Jesus Saves
User Info.
and bitches complain about Jonny Craig getting "so many chances"
at least he can sing & he has personality

On Stage Personality - Maybe

I thought Hey Monday was doing well when they broke up. I don't understand. Why not continue that? Were her band mates the ones who ended it?

I think they broke up so she could go solo
11:47 AM on 03/06/13
bduke13
is looking for that clearer water
User Info.
But Cartel still are around and making some DAMN good music. Hell, their self-titled, the one they made in the bubble, was very good. No Chroma, but still good.

Couldn't the same thing be said about Motion City Soundtrack? Except they didn't have to deal with a lot of fan backlash from the bubble fiasco. I feel like I should note that I do like all 3 of Cartel's albums. Just using this as a point, albeit not a great one.

They released their most successful album...?

As of October of 2009 Chroma had sold 250,000 copies and Cartel had sold less than 100,000. Unless things have drastically changed in the last 3+ years you are incorrect. With a TV show devoted to the creation of an album surely one could expect sales to be more than 100,000 units in 2 years
11:48 AM on 03/06/13
ari telescope
kitties
User Info.
Haha ew
11:48 AM on 03/06/13
ari telescope
kitties
User Info.
Lol it would be funny if that dude from ATL she's dating is on it too.
Why wouldn't he be, promo4promo?
11:58 AM on 03/06/13
MXP
aka Max Phillips
User Info.
Couldn't the same thing be said about Motion City Soundtrack? Except they didn't have to deal with a lot of fan backlash from the bubble fiasco. I feel like I should note that I do like all 3 of Cartel's albums. Just using this as a point, albeit not a great one.

As of October of 2009 Chroma had sold 250,000 copies and Cartel had sold less than 100,000. Unless things have drastically changed in the last 3+ years you are incorrect. With a TV show devoted to the creation of an album surely one could expect sales to be more than 100,000 units in 2 years

I wasn't a fan of The last MCS album, but I see where you're coming from. Yes, the S/T did t sell as much, but that doesn't mean it wasn't some great material from them. I dont like that that album gets the stigma it does, but it happens. So, I think the reality tv idea is dumb, what about you?
11:59 AM on 03/06/13
Joey-Wan Kenobi
fourth and goal
User Info.

Definitely, her plates going to be super full so she could use a lot of help around the house I'm sure.
12:07 PM on 03/06/13
Lightsout911X
Expect me standing tall
User Info.
But why.
12:10 PM on 03/06/13
iseejosh
Registered Member
User Info.
If she fucks this up, there is absolutely no excuse. This girl is getting every chance in the world.

Pressure is on now. Don't choke, kiddo.
She will hop on the EDM trend next
12:13 PM on 03/06/13
bduke13
is looking for that clearer water
User Info.
I wasn't a fan of The last MCS album, but I see where you're coming from. Yes, the S/T did t sell as much, but that doesn't mean it wasn't some great material from them. I dont like that that album gets the stigma it does, but it happens. So, I think the reality tv idea is dumb, what about you?

Generally speaking (not just about Cassadee) I am actually kind of indifferent about it. At the end of the day though it will always be about the music you release. If you release an album that is fantastic and the masses love it, a well done reality show could really help bring in new fans. However, the reverse is also true. If you release a shitty album the backlash from doing such a brazen publicity stunt could outweigh the positives.

At the same time I would love to see a really well done docu-series about a band/artist recording an album. Something that is really focused on the music and the process of recording/writing it as opposed to being something typical that MTV would release
12:17 PM on 03/06/13
MXP
aka Max Phillips
User Info.
Generally speaking (not just about Cassadee) I am actually kind of indifferent about it. At the end of the day though it will always be about the music you release. If you release an album that is fantastic and the masses love it, a well done reality show could really help bring in new fans. However, the reverse is also true. If you release a shitty album the backlash from doing such a brazen publicity stunt could outweigh the positives.

At the same time I would love to see a really well done docu-series about a band/artist recording an album. Something that is really focused on the music and the process of recording/writing it as opposed to being something typical that MTV would release

I'm hoping for the same thing, and I guess it's on CMT due to the Blake Shelton connection. I just hope she can make good music, cause that's what's important haha
12:28 PM on 03/06/13
ShayDe
User Info.
HAhAHAHAahahaHAhahaha..ha
12:37 PM on 03/06/13
hintsofgold
Poetic & noble land mermaid
User Info.
Since when is she a country star? Didn't see that coming...
12:48 PM on 03/06/13
Zummy
I'm illegal in 48 states
User Info.
Stupid publicity stunts like this are the reason that I dislike Cassadee. She just went on The Voice to become as famous as she can be. She does not care at all about music or about fans. She would sell out everyone one of her fans for a little extra taste of fame. Assadee Poop is a pathetic excuse for a human being. I hope the show fails and her career fails.

Also, The Voice deserves to get crap because they only care about ratings. The show, the record labels behind the show, and the artists think we're too stupid to know any better and will watch any shinny shit they shove in our faces. Some people are too stupid and will watch anything but I hope that the people who frequent this site know better then to buy into this bullshit.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests