COREhorizon
Get Free
User Info.
Pretty unenjoyable song
06:01 PM on 03/06/13
ZachMadeMeOdd
<("<) ^( " )^ (>")>
User Info.
In all seriousness, how do bands like this continue to be content writing the same song over and over? It's really never anything but a basic count on a china, with the same double bass kicks, highly produced guitar chugs, and the same screamed verses, sung chorus bullshit. To each their own if you like this stuff but come on, it's really been a few years now and this song structure is MORE than overdone. Even when bands like blessthefall, a skylit drive, alesana, etc etc first came out and were all laughed at and shit on for being that new wave of scene metal, they still at least had songs that could be told apart and showed some skill and creativity. I just don't get it.
06:52 PM on 03/06/13
davidwalbrun
Registered Member
User Info.
In all seriousness, how do bands like this continue to be content writing the same song over and over? It's really never anything but a basic count on a china, with the same double bass kicks, highly produced guitar chugs, and the same screamed verses, sung chorus bullshit. To each their own if you like this stuff but come on, it's really been a few years now and this song structure is MORE than overdone. Even when bands like blessthefall, a skylit drive, alesana, etc etc first came out and were all laughed at and shit on for being that new wave of scene metal, they still at least had songs that could be told apart and showed some skill and creativity. I just don't get it.
I don't get it either, I'm not going to lie I love this genre of music though, but I have to agree that all creativity that was there seems to be fading away with every bands new release, with the exception of a few bands. In regards to this new songs I think its decent, but it didn't seem to flow all that well idk if it was just me, but that was what I was feeling, I actually really liked the first song though
07:28 PM on 03/06/13
dancelukedance
My body is a bomb
User Info.
hmmm...and whats so good about this?
07:30 PM on 03/06/13
Keele
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I feel like someone found a way to tamper with that list. I started checking this site a very very long time ago and feel like I've only read a news post about them once or twice. Not judging their music or their fan base (to each their own), I just find it hard to believe they are the most anticipated record on AP.net is this.
07:38 PM on 03/06/13
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
I feel like someone found a way to tamper with that list. I started checking this site a very very long time ago and feel like I've only read a news post about them once or twice. Not judging their music or their fan base (to each their own), I just find it hard to believe they are the most anticipated record on AP.net is this.
they've always get a decent response to news being posted
http://www.absolutepunk.net/tags/the-color-morale/
07:54 PM on 03/06/13
positiv-o
throwing punches at ocean waves
User Info.
I've seen these guys twice (opening for WCAR last year, SILYMI 2011) and until right now I actually forgot that I've seen them more than once. Obviously they left a huge impression on me, haha. I used to love this genre I've just grown out of it, I guess. As a whole the genre has almost no evolution over the past couple of years.

The band was all over their social media sites promoting the poll. Someone in the original list thread posted a link to a Facebook post that had quite a few people saying they registered to vote for them 5 times. It's hardly a fool proof system, and if FOB had come back a week earlier they would have easily won.
07:55 PM on 03/06/13
Joey-Wan Kenobi
fourth and goal
User Info.
To anybody that has seen Tcm since the beginning should know garret isn't awesome at screaming. He has always had this range.

It iS funny that people are talking about writing the same songs when the big complaint is the vocalist changing his style. Irony y'all.
08:09 PM on 03/06/13
etidiot1989
User Info.
Wow... I am really NOT digging the new screams, I really prefer his deeper growls a-la my devil in your eyes.
Musically, I think this song is superior than learned behavior.
08:10 PM on 03/06/13
savestheday3x3
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
honestly... some of these lyrics are pretty darn bad and that makes me upset.... 'were not ok, but its not the end yet' ... that line really just made me not like this song.. and I love this band.. fuck
09:13 PM on 03/06/13
NorthstarPark
Jiggin'
User Info.
The band was all over their social media sites promoting the poll. Someone in the original list thread posted a link to a Facebook post that had quite a few people saying they registered to vote for them 5 times. It's hardly a fool proof system, and if FOB had come back a week earlier they would have easily won.

Little girls will do anything this band tells them to.
09:26 PM on 03/06/13
randys950
@randys950
User Info.
most anticipated album my ass
10:33 PM on 03/06/13
kbomb001
Jesus Saves
User Info.
aight song is aight
10:34 PM on 03/06/13
kbomb001
Jesus Saves
User Info.
most anticipated album my ass
heh, this
12:12 AM on 03/07/13
johnnyferris
Inside of your heart always
User Info.
I just can't get into the new screams at all. My Devil In Your Eyes was one of my favorite albums the year it came out, but this just seems so much worse. I just don't get these guys anymore.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests