Username
Password
Video News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 71.
08:36 AM on 03/07/13
InstruMETAL
Be the change you wish to see
User Info.
Sounds pretty awesome, I'm catching some happiness vibes, can't wait for the recorded version!
08:40 AM on 03/07/13
MarkJ801
User Info.
So excited for the new album, kicking out Jonny and bringing in Tilian was the best decision they've made.
08:42 AM on 03/07/13
Bradalee21
Hmm...
User Info.
Holy shit, that guy can sing. Well, i already knew that, but he sounded especially good there. Obviously the recording wasn't of the highest quality so it was kinda hard to hear the music but what i did hear sounds pretty good, and Tillians vocals were pretty spot on.

I will say that i'm still not convinced he's the right fit for them, at least for the old material. But i'd love to be proven wrong and have already got my ticket to see them in Glasgow in May, which i can't wait for.
08:55 AM on 03/07/13
ZachMadeMeOdd
<("<) ^( " )^ (>")>
User Info.
Hopefully they choose to play all new songs, cause this Tillian guy does not work well with JC songs. I distinctly recall this guy filling in on vocals for Emarosa and absolutely butchering some tracks.
08:58 AM on 03/07/13
iamlogan
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Sounds like DGD mixed with Circa. Really excited for this record.
08:59 AM on 03/07/13
Mattylikesfilms
If You Dig Up The Dead...
User Info.
Tillian can sing, but I don't think he was the right fit for DGD, his voice is just too high. The new song sounds good, which I'm sure the album will be, but I have a feeling it won't sound too much like DGD anymore. Does it seem like they're focusing more on screams lately to anyone else?

Yeah all of this.

It's a goddamn shame Matt from LowerD didn't accept the gig cause he would have been perfect. Tillian's vocals are so high that I can't make out what he's singing. If its brought down a couple notches when they hit the studio then it's cool. Considering all the changes the band has gone through since they kicked out Kurt (worst mistake they ever made IMO), it's no surprise that they focus a little more on Mess. He's the only one that (minus Happiness) has been a prominent vocalist on every DGD album. Mess sounds better on every record though so I'm excited to hear him on the new LP.
09:09 AM on 03/07/13
SeberK
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Man they messed up so bad letting go of Kurt. I was a fan of Tides of Man but his voice is just too high. He would've been a better fit for Saosin. Maybe he could've put their lazy asses back on the map.
09:16 AM on 03/07/13
mka12992
Is this darkness in you too?
User Info.
So excited about this new album.
09:17 AM on 03/07/13
ScorchOurBodies
Dead Inside
User Info.
Yeah all of this.

It's a goddamn shame Matt from LowerD didn't accept the gig cause he would have been perfect. Tillian's vocals are so high that I can't make out what he's singing. If its brought down a couple notches when they hit the studio then it's cool. Considering all the changes the band has gone through since they kicked out Kurt (worst mistake they ever made IMO), it's no surprise that they focus a little more on Mess. He's the only one that (minus Happiness) has been a prominent vocalist on every DGD album. Mess sounds better on every record though so I'm excited to hear him on the new LP.
Dude seriously, if Matt had joined it would have been absolutely perfect. I absolutely can not stand Tiliand voice, but otherwise the song is great.

Also what ever happened with the Matt Geise/Will Sean project?
09:22 AM on 03/07/13
PetitnaindesĪles
We can gallop upon the sea...
User Info.
Sounds good instrumentally but Tilian's voice sounds too high to me. It was the same thing on his demos with Saosin and Night Verses.
09:47 AM on 03/07/13
TyBreaker
www.facebook.com/IWasAfraid
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This sounds fuckin awesome. Definitely getting some Happiness vibes. I haven't listened to a lot of DGD lately, but this has me pumped.
09:48 AM on 03/07/13
Skinny blaque
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
And here we go;
Let's shit on Tilian cause his voice is to high, lol
The song is great, trust me with Matt Malpass at the production helm, this should sound great recorded, anywho, I get the hints of happiness but it'll probrably be a nice progression from DTBM2 and happiness put together
10:05 AM on 03/07/13
nickthehick2
King of France
User Info.
And here we go;
The song is great, trust me with Matt Malpass at the production helm, this should sound great recorded, anywho, I get the hints of happiness but it'll probrably be a nice progression from DTBM2 and happiness put together
No one's shitting on him. He's a great singer, just not the right fit for DGD
10:08 AM on 03/07/13
Mattylikesfilms
If You Dig Up The Dead...
User Info.
Dude seriously, if Matt had joined it would have been absolutely perfect. I absolutely can not stand Tiliand voice, but otherwise the song is great.

Also what ever happened with the Matt Geise/Will Sean project?

FOR REALZZZ. Hopefully that comes out soon, with Zachy G in the mix as well? The potential makes me explode (in my pants).

And here we go;

No one is per say "shitting on him" but his voice is too* high for DGD (judging off this one video alone) but if Malpass tweaks it, im sure he will be fine.
10:10 AM on 03/07/13
thesollopsist
Up all night, and down all day
User Info.
Still don't think Tillian is right for this band.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests