AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 71
10:27 AM on 03/07/13
leftapart
User Info.
I love DGD but I couldn't get into this at all.
10:39 AM on 03/07/13
pepster50
User Info.
songs sounds awesome ! a little skeptical about Tillian. The guy can sing, but idkkkk. Hopefully I will enjoy the full length.
10:40 AM on 03/07/13
lpfan407
User Info.
Very good live voice, holy shit. Stage presence needs work. Crowd needs a fucking Redbull.
^ nail on the head here
10:42 AM on 03/07/13
nowFace
You're irreversible
User Info.
People here are ridiculous. Tilian sounds great, and the record is going to be great. Jon Mess is a boss too so even if you guys say Tilian isn't a good fit you should just wait for the album to make a more conscious claim. I personally feel Tilian is going to bring a new experimental edge tot the band that has been missing since Zach and Kurt were kicked out. Also it's a shitty ass quality video so lets remember that.
11:23 AM on 03/07/13
Lawliet
I have learned to love the lie
User Info.
I just went back to listen to Tides of Man's last record -- yeah, this is gonna be a damn good fit. Stoked.
11:28 AM on 03/07/13
ChaseTx
Can't wait to check this out when I get home. I haven't disliked any song DGD's put out yet, so I doubt this will be the first.
11:38 AM on 03/07/13
CPF--FBR
http://connorfeimsterphoto.com
User Info.
Kurt Travis is still the best DGD has ever had and that is fact soooooooooooooooooooooo
11:56 AM on 03/07/13
Skinny blaque
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
FOR REALZZZ. Hopefully that comes out soon, with Zachy G in the mix as well? The potential makes me explode (in my pants).

No one is per say "shitting on him" but his voice is too* high for DGD (judging off this one video alone) but if Malpass tweaks it, im sure he will be fine.

Ok, all I'm saying is lets give it a try, think about it like this;

Will Swans a master guitar player, I'm sure he can write things to compliment Tilians style I'm thinking like a more proggy post hardcore with like poppy dream scape style if you get what I mean, it'll be legit
12:00 PM on 03/07/13
scubacougar
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i have seen them live on the order of 15 times now, with every singer combination, including when they toured with Matt Geise last year. Seeing them with Tillian was brilliant. He sang all of their old music with such a new "umph" to it; with such soul. This song is seriously incredible, and I am looking so forward to seeing what they can do with a stable lineup. Sounds like Anthony Green joined DGD in the best way possible. keep it up dudes
12:02 PM on 03/07/13
TriangularDuck
we will set sail the prairie
User Info.
they kicked out Kurt (worst mistake they ever made IMO)

*Zach. I miss the funk
01:07 PM on 03/07/13
_veges_
User Info.
I think I will always like this band to some degree in spite of my better judgement. This song is no exception
01:31 PM on 03/07/13
KingMax01
Theres no good in your eyes anymore
User Info.
how the hell can he sing that high?
01:42 PM on 03/07/13
Mattylikesfilms
If You Dig Up The Dead...
User Info.
Ok, all I'm saying is lets give it a try, think about it like this;

Will Swans a master guitar player, I'm sure he can write things to compliment Tilians style I'm thinking like a more proggy post hardcore with like poppy dream scape style if you get what I mean, it'll be legit

Yeah it could be really solid, ill definitely give it a shot when they release a new song!
02:18 PM on 03/07/13
Skinny blaque
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Yeah it could be really solid, ill definitely give it a shot when they release a new song!

Yes sir, will be I hope theyre best work yet needless to say I have a lot of hoPe for this band
03:03 PM on 03/07/13
peterose313
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Tillian can sing, but I don't think he was the right fit for DGD, his voice is just too high. The new song sounds good, which I'm sure the album will be, but I have a feeling it won't sound too much like DGD anymore. Does it seem like they're focusing more on screams lately to anyone else?
DGD hasn't been DGD for a few years now. Hate to say it but this band just doesn't know when to quit. They've had so many changes in singers and such that they've completely changed their sound.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos