AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Line-up Change News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

The Sequence Looking for New Singer

Posted by - 09:11 PM on 03/26/08
Singer Matt Carmichael is no longer a part of The Sequence.
From the BandWe unfortunately have had to part ways with our singer, Matt. He was unsure of how to prioritize his life, and felt as if The Sequence wasn't something that was important to him as it used to be. With that being said, we understand Matt's decision, and we wish him all the luck in his future endeavors. Myself, Jason, and Kevin have our entire souls in this band, and we are ready to continue our passion and work harder than we ever have before. With that being said, we are now in the process of looking for a new singer. You must be from the Orange County/Southern California area, or be willing to relocate, and be willing to tour for months at a time. Instead of looking at this as a step backward, we are looking at it as a step in a new direction, not necessarily musically, but if each member of the band has their whole heart into this process, we can bring even more to the table. In the respect of singer inquirees, please, serious applicants only. To get in contact with us, the information is listed below. Thank you.

-Brandon & The Sequence

bdennis@csulb.edu

www.myspace.com/thesequencerock

Displaying posts 1 - 13 of 13
09:12 PM on 03/26/08
Anton Djamoos
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Damn shame. Such potential squandered.
09:20 PM on 03/26/08
Jason Tate
User Info.
Who>?
09:24 PM on 03/26/08
jefflakerfan
User Info.
That's a shame, saw them at the gaslamp
09:26 PM on 03/26/08
whiterapppa
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Jason Tate, our singer Matt decided he wanted to leave the band. I guess he's going through some stuff right now. But hey, if you go listen to our stuff and tell him that we get the jason tate seal of approval, maybe he'll change his mind!

haha
09:31 PM on 03/26/08
30_juan
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
WHAT!?!
get him back. seriously.
10:09 PM on 03/26/08
coolguy2236
ROCK N' ROLL
User Info.
i dont post on here often but as the guitarist of The Sequence I felt the need to express my feelings toward this situation.

I agree with what Brandon wrote when he said that he looks at this situation as a step forward and not a step back. There have been two sides of the band for a while now, one being Matt and the other being Brandon and I. Both sides have been feeling distant from one another for some time and that something needed to happen in order for us all to get along and progress, both as individuals and as a group. In the beginning, we were all best friends and I know that was a huge part of our music. After time, we all sort of drifted apart from one another...it became a problem. Then, Matt was asked to join an 80's cover band, which Brandon and I reluctantly agreed to let him do, as long as it didn't interfere with The Sequence. Obviously, it did interfere, along with a hand full of other things that I won't mention.

All in all, we all have been contemplating this split from each other for a while, and Brandon, Kevin and I all feel that this split, though very sad, will make our band stronger than ever. We need someone who will help us promote and someone who absolutely needs music to be their life like we do.

That felt good :)
10:31 PM on 03/26/08
MarchofFlames
...and then came grace
User Info.
Jason Tate, our singer Matt decided he wanted to leave the band. I guess he's going through some stuff right now. But hey, if you go listen to our stuff and tell him that we get the jason tate seal of approval, maybe he'll change his mind!

haha

jason tate seal of approval =
11:03 PM on 03/26/08
tjcombs
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
booooooooo
good band
03:34 AM on 03/27/08
applesandcyanid
Trollin' Absolutepunk.
User Info.
If this was this time next year, I'd be all over trying to join this band, relocating and everything. I hate when this happens but I could KILL these vocals.
06:00 AM on 03/27/08
Silva
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
oh man, Matt had an amazing voice. The Sequence is awesome though and all of you should definitely check them out. Great cd
08:32 AM on 03/27/08
anawesomeregret
TheManFromTallahassee
User Info.
jason tate seal of approval =

That's about as useful as your mother telling you you're awesome. Now if you were able to get the Jason Tate Official Absolute Spam of the Website, then you might have something.
06:29 AM on 04/03/08
parothead310
User Info.
Oh crap, super late replying to this but I want to say that this a terrible news and hope everything works out for the better in the end. Will he be singing the Chain Reaction show?

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos