Username
Password
Funeral for a Friend News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 36.
10:49 AM on 03/07/13
Mario57
We can gallop upon the sea...
User Info.
I appreciate the honesty and agree with him. M&H had some great songs (Beneath The Burning Tree, Constant Illuminations, Maybe I Am) with Matt's best vocal performances but the whole thing sounded flat instrumentally. TDTT is my second favorite album but I can't deny it was a departure from their previous stuff. However, I can't get into Conduit at all. It lacks the melodies, the creative riffs, the dynamics and the variety of WHA.
11:02 AM on 03/07/13
livinginpixels
User Info.
I remember going to Best Buy to pick up Hours. I loved that album.

I think that a ton of musicians were influenced by that record.
11:07 AM on 03/07/13
saintnumberfive
Don't wake me, I plan on sleeping
User Info.
I love their whole catalog, but Hours just slays me every time.

But ironically, I have Casually Dressed as my avatar right now. That's their best cover art. :)
11:33 AM on 03/07/13
ale5875
traduzionedicanzoni.it
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Their best album in my opinion is Welcome Home Armageddon, followed closely by Hours. Then Casually Dressed and Conduit. TDTT and Memory & Humanity suck. M&H sucks a bit less, but I find TDTT horrible, both lyrically and musically (apart from Matt's singing). They both sound really forced and uninspired, with very few good tracks (I like One for the Road, Building and Maybe I Am). I'm glad with the direction they've taken since, it really sounds like they're doing what they like best now.
11:54 AM on 03/07/13
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.
Completely disagree with the love for TDTT, it was a huge downgrade from the glory of Hours. I don't think FFAF has yet to release an actual bad album but TDTT was way too radio rock for me. Hours is simply one of the best albums I've ever heard and has excellent lasting power. Hours>>>>CDADIC>>>>7 Ways>>>>>Memory And Humanity>Young and Defenceless>TDTT then although I own Welcome Home I haven't listed enough and I don't have Conduit
11:55 AM on 03/07/13
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.
I appreciate the honesty and agree with him. M&H had some great songs (Beneath The Burning Tree, Constant Illuminations, Maybe I Am) with Matt's best vocal performances but the whole thing sounded flat instrumentally. TDTT is my second favorite album but I can't deny it was a departure from their previous stuff. However, I can't get into Conduit at all. It lacks the melodies, the creative riffs, the dynamics and the variety of WHA.

Favorite songs of that album, especially Beneath The Burining Tree
11:58 AM on 03/07/13
UrOwNdISaStR180
I'll Kill You
User Info.
TDTT is a very good album - although I can see what they mean by releasing it as a side project because it was such a departure (although certainly a worthwhile departure). TTDT has almost an arena rock quality to it - the sound is big. Hours is their best record. Have not gotten to Conduit yet, but will soon enough.
12:07 PM on 03/07/13
deanster321
BLEGH
User Info.
Whether or not it's good I just don't think you can ostracise Tales from the rest of their discography purely because it's more melodic rock than their other albums, when really it's no different to them making two albums that focus more on their heavy/aggressive influences.
12:22 PM on 03/07/13
TylorPhillip
User Info.
TDTT is my favorite FFAF album in retrospect. Only one that holds up IMO.
Yup. My fav album for sure.
12:23 PM on 03/07/13
S_L_y
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Conduit is clearly the best album and MAH is the worst. The raw emotion, the riffs, the breakdowns, the sweep arpeggios...sorry hipster FFAF fans, but New FFAF > Old FFAF...
12:34 PM on 03/07/13
AussieBoy
User Info.
I like the honesty.
But m&h is a good album. It's got some ripper songs at the start. I think I like it more than Armageddon.
And Tales is nearly their best album. It's their "NFG - coming home"

Conduit is good.
But I still like Tales and the two seminal albums before it better
01:13 PM on 03/07/13
suicidalmoose
Lindsay let me kiss your forehead!
User Info.
Being a casual fan of FFAF, I have always enjoyed Memory and Humanity. It's not a great record, but it's really solid. I liked it better than Welcome Home Armaggedon, which I thought was solid aswell. Conduit, on the other hand, seemed worse to me. But I'll give it another try someday.
01:14 PM on 03/07/13
fran.182
Euphoric disconnection
User Info.
TDTT is easily my favorite thing they've ever done.

I didn't read the interview, but talking about that album, if he said it should have been released under a different name just because it sounds different, then that's ridiculous...
02:32 PM on 03/07/13
AbsentTruth
we will overcome
User Info.
I would have to agree. Both those albums sucked.
02:50 PM on 03/07/13
dash64
This Is My Design
User Info.
I loved TDTT, though I feel like I'm the only one. I have loved all their albums if I'm being honest.
Same as Jason, it's my personal favorite. I find myself listening to that album as a whole more than their other releases.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums