Festivus
for the rest of us...
User Info.
Ugh, Jesus Christ.
08:50 AM on 03/09/13
RyanGarner
Registered Member
User Info.
Thank you!! I had a hard time choosing between them and GUK, but I'm pretty sure even Pryor would vote for Sunny Day. Problem is, with "kids these days", they don't REALLY get the relevance of bands like Sunny Day. Its like the induction of the fuel injected engine-no one since its wide-spread use will ever understand how important it was because they've never had to deal with a carborator. 18 year old kids can't possibly comprehend the impact that Sunny Day had on THEIR scene. My guess is, since this is AP, we'll see Brand New take it all. Which should tell us not to put any weight on user polls on this site.
My thoughts exactly! I mean I will admit that I am biased too, in high school when most AP users were listening to Brand New I found Sunny Day Real Estate and they had the same effect on me that Brand New has on others. But still, their importance is undeniable.
08:57 AM on 03/09/13
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
Oh okay. You're right then, in that case.
10:51 AM on 03/09/13
KenneyBN
will be gone till July 2015 on mish
User Info.
Thursday hasn't reached an emotional connection with their fans, are you fricking kidding me???? Like c'mon that's such a ridiculous thing to say.
10:59 AM on 03/09/13
KenneyBN
will be gone till July 2015 on mish
User Info.
LOL, obviously I missed what was said about Brand New too.

To say that brand new has "built its legacy around mysterious bull shit", is absolutely one of the worst things I have ever read. Brand New functions differently than other bands. That's it. They don't do what they do to be mysterious. They literally don't do anything to seem mysterious. They say in interviews when they have studio time. They say in interviews they don't see anything ending anytime soon, just functioning differently than the average band. Nothing is mysterious about Brand New, and to say that's even slightly part of the reason they are the respected band they are today seems very odd. People (fans and media), make Brand New seem mysterious because they don't understand that they just don't like being the centre of attention.

Maybe Brand New has the legacy they have today because they wrote at least (I say at least because I would argue it) 2 cult classics under their belt. Hmm maybe that has something to do with it..

Ps, Taking Back Sunday hasn't been relevant since like 2004 so I hope Saves The Day wins.
11:05 AM on 03/09/13
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Fuckin dumb
12:14 PM on 03/09/13
Cody Nelson
Your mouth to God's south.
User Info.
Nailed it.
12:46 PM on 03/09/13
botDs-r
www.twitter.com/shawnhyphenray
User Info.
TBS all the way!
01:10 PM on 03/09/13
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
Oh okay. You're right then, in that case.
I mean someone saying they only like My Chem's singles is an opinion. Saying that's all they have and that they've never written a cohesive LP for the fans is just bullshit.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos