Username
Password
Tour Dates News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 23 of 23.
06:27 PM on 03/11/13
blackmold
Bro
User Info.
The "bands with shitty, unoriginal names" tour.
06:34 PM on 03/11/13
Ohaidere
User Info.
Can't wait for a band to use both "crown" and "skyline" in their name.
crown the skyline. i'm gonna do it big!
09:30 PM on 03/11/13
jlinitz
Johnny B
User Info.
Haha exactly what I thought. Makes me realize that I legitimately mistook one for the other before. I was complaining about CTE the whole time I saw them playing live even though it's CTC that I don't like
Same, I've never listened to either band but I legitimately thought it was just one band when I'd see their names all the time
11:35 PM on 03/11/13
SwertsOnALog
Jump Jump
User Info.
Palasades played an off date here in toledo a few months ago and nobody came. They're so good but toledo kinda sucks. I bought their epthat night
02:06 AM on 03/12/13
jakeisthebest
I'm just a fucked up kid
User Info.
You should see the comments on Heartist's Facebook page regarding this tour. All of their fans are saying how shitty this tour is and Heartist/Palisades should co headline their own tour. Maybe next year but this is a great exposure tour. Both "Crowns" are gaining a lot of steam in the scene right now so I'm expecting Heartist and Palisades to be picking up a few new fans.
It's strange how Heartist tours vary so much. Their current U.S tour is with, in my opinion, three great bands and their upcoming UK/Europe tour is with Killswitch and Sylosis (also two great bands). Then they go and do an awful tour like this. It's hard to tell if they want to be taken seriously or not.
08:42 AM on 03/12/13
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen 701 bands live!
User Info.
It's strange how Heartist tours vary so much. Their current U.S tour is with, in my opinion, three great bands and their upcoming UK/Europe tour is with Killswitch and Sylosis (also two great bands). Then they go and do an awful tour like this. It's hard to tell if they want to be taken seriously or not.
It's just to gain new fans is all. It's a smart move on their part and Roadrunner. It's an early summer tour so there's time to play a few Warped dates or anything for that matter, the Crowns are two of the bigger bands in the new scene and this will definitely help give them exposure and this whole tour is playing Skate and Surf so more money and a chance to play in front of more people. The way the tour ends, before June, means they might be playing Mayhem or All Stars (thinking the latter).
09:13 AM on 03/12/13
jakeisthebest
I'm just a fucked up kid
User Info.
It's just to gain new fans is all. It's a smart move on their part and Roadrunner. It's an early summer tour so there's time to play a few Warped dates or anything for that matter, the Crowns are two of the bigger bands in the new scene and this will definitely help give them exposure and this whole tour is playing Skate and Surf so more money and a chance to play in front of more people. The way the tour ends, before June, means they might be playing Mayhem or All Stars (thinking the latter).
What I mean is that, the killswitch/sylosis tour and signing to roadrunner as opposed to one of the scenecore labels suggest that they want to be taken seriously. All this tour is going to do is gain them some 14 year old scene kid fans and lose them a lot of potential respect.
10:08 AM on 03/12/13
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen 701 bands live!
User Info.
What I mean is that, the killswitch/sylosis tour and signing to roadrunner as opposed to one of the scenecore labels suggest that they want to be taken seriously. All this tour is going to do is gain them some 14 year old scene kid fans and lose them a lot of potential respect.

In this day and age, you have to keep touring to get exposure. I don't think people will look down on them for this tour. Look at the RR signees. Nickelback, Slipkont, Stone Sour, Lynard Skynard lol. Heartist really doesn't fit in those markets. I can see them opening for Stone Sour but that's it. I think they're going the Escape the Fate route and getting the hard rock/metal market as well as the scene. Can't put all your eggs in one basket.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests