Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 2 posts.
11:54 AM on 03/12/13
patentpending
http://www.mattskibafans.com/
User Info.
I just really hate the idea of doing something like trying to charge your fans $500 for something like a skype chat. In fact, unless it's for charity, I generally hate artists charging fans for face time, especially after fans have paid for merch, tickets to shows and albums. They're already supporting your artistic endeavors and making it possible for you to do what you do, what the fuck makes you think you're so special enough to ask for them to pay for a handshake and a photo after all of that?
10:38 AM on 03/13/13
patentpending
http://www.mattskibafans.com/
User Info.
because artists make no money. no money at all. it's a nice way for artists to make additional revenue that they desperately need.

plus, it's a great branding play. it helps artists establish personal connections with their fans that go outside the standard concert experience. it sets itself apart from kickstarter as it doesn't tie these experiences to large scale projects (i.e. albums, dvds, etc)

this is an amazing idea, go bandpage.
There are plenty of other ways for artists to make additional revenue. If an artist wants to "establish a personal connection with fans that go outside concert experience" they can set up meet and greets or go out back after shows and set up web chats for free. Charging anyone excessive amounts of money to meet you or for a bit of your time isn't a "personal experience" at all.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests