Username
Password
Lawrence Arms News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Lawrence Arms
Inside AP.net

Brendan Kelly Talks Soundwave Festival

Posted by: Jason Tate (03/12/13)
Brendan Kelly (The Lawerence Arms) has updated his blog after the band played Soundwave.
Speaking of, Blinkís compound guards were told to memorize the faces of the dudes in the band because they didnít want to have to wear or show passes. Thatís a cool perk of being in a 3 piece that Iíve not experimented with yet (side note, Travis wasnít there, which prompted us to consider that heís far and away the most famous of those dudes. Can you think of any other band in the history of the world where the [non singing] drummer is the most famous guy in the band? Thatís just weird).

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 20.
12:20 PM on 03/12/13
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
I thought it was funny when he said Sum 41 were pissed because they didn't get their own compound, haha. But I think they'd be used to it by now... on Thursday they start opening up an arena tour for Billy Talent.
12:24 PM on 03/12/13
CluckyB
Modern Baseball is WAR
User Info.
(why can't I quote the original post? has that always been the case and I just never noticed it? or did something change??)

All the Rush fans are going to be really sad he couldn't think of another band where the drummer was the most famous person...
12:39 PM on 03/12/13
WeWereGiants
Cold hands, Lips blue
User Info.
I thought it was funny when he said Sum 41 were pissed because they didn't get their own compound, haha. But I think they'd be used to it by now... on Thursday they start opening up an arena tour for Billy Talent.

Speaking of, Billy Talent opened for Sum 41 at a sideshow and talked up Sum 41 throughout their set and when Sum 41 came on they didn't even thank Billy Talent. Plus they were seriously outplayed, the Talent have an awesome love show.
12:41 PM on 03/12/13
zachff
is Dalton Russell
User Info.
(why can't I quote the original post? has that always been the case and I just never noticed it? or did something change??)

All the Rush fans are going to be really sad he couldn't think of another band where the drummer was the most famous person...
You haven't ever been able to quote a news post directly.
12:46 PM on 03/12/13
zachff
is Dalton Russell
User Info.
The Roots
12:53 PM on 03/12/13
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
Speaking of, Billy Talent opened for Sum 41 at a sideshow and talked up Sum 41 throughout their set and when Sum 41 came on they didn't even thank Billy Talent. Plus they were seriously outplayed, the Talent have an awesome love show.

I see, didn't realize Billy Talent was still opening for Sum 41 in Australia because in Canada that's definitely not the case. You must have caught a fairly intimate show though so that would have been awesome. I'm happy that they can play arenas now, but I definitely miss the smaller BT shows too.
01:04 PM on 03/12/13
WeWereGiants
Cold hands, Lips blue
User Info.
I see, didn't realize Billy Talent was still opening for Sum 41 in Australia because in Canada that's definitely not the case. You must have caught a fairly intimate show though so that would have been awesome. I'm happy that they can play arenas now, but I definitely miss the smaller BT shows too.

There was only a few hundred people there and both bands played for about 75 minutes. It boggles my mind to imagine Billy Talent playing arenas.
01:10 PM on 03/12/13
circletheworld
Old Fears New Frontiers
User Info.
i found that post kinda hard to read... i think it was the yellow type
01:17 PM on 03/12/13
Maiaophilia
my heart beats pacific -
User Info.
haha; this seems the most spazzy out of all his blog posts.
01:29 PM on 03/12/13
AussieBoy
User Info.

They co-headlined the shows and took turns who would play last in alternate cities.

But sum41 would be a bigger name still in Australia. With billy talent maybe being more popular. If that makes sense

Neither could do arenas here though. Don't forgot they are local heroes in canada
01:31 PM on 03/12/13
AussieBoy
User Info.
Brendan Kelly (The Lawerence Arms) has updated his blog after the band played Soundwave.
Speaking of, Blinkís compound guards were told to memorize the faces of the dudes in the band because they didnít want to have to wear or show passes. Thatís a cool perk of being in a 3 piece that Iíve not experimented with yet (side note, Travis wasnít there, which prompted us to consider that heís far and away the most famous of those dudes. Can you think of any other band in the history of the world where the [non singing] drummer is the most famous guy in the band? Thatís just weird).

I've quoted the news bit!!!!

There's a photo I've seen of the blink guys poster. With a pic of all 3 saying
"Remember these artists faces, they do not like wearing their passes"
01:33 PM on 03/12/13
Jason Tate
User Info.

I think the mobile site's the only one that has a quote button on the news bit ... until I update that.
02:11 PM on 03/12/13
AussieBoy
User Info.
Yep. I'm on mobile
02:43 PM on 03/12/13
fearthesloths
blown from the hinge
User Info.
I've quoted the news bit!!!!

There's a photo I've seen of the blink guys poster. With a pic of all 3 saying
"Remember these artists faces, they do not like wearing their passes"
it was in the background of a video they recently released.. like the trailer for that DVD or something i think it was
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS