AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review - Page 4
Displaying posts 45 - 50 of 50.
09:37 PM on 08/16/08
RelientMayday
User Info.
Fair enough review. I agree with what was said about giving it another chance. However, I gave Pretty. Odd. many chances, and I just could never get into it. I think I just got too used to Fever's jump and dance around kind of beat. Now I'm not saying Pretty. Odd. is not good. It is. Great music, just doesn't float my boat like Fever does. I do admire Panic for taking a risk with the new sound, though I definitely wouldn't mind them getting a little bit out of the '60s in the next album.
12:14 AM on 09/03/08
TeeahhUrie
is wishing she was live in chicago
User Info.
Fair enough review. I agree with what was said about giving it another chance. However, I gave Pretty. Odd. many chances, and I just could never get into it. I think I just got too used to Fever's jump and dance around kind of beat. Now I'm not saying Pretty. Odd. is not good. It is. Great music, just doesn't float my boat like Fever does. I do admire Panic for taking a risk with the new sound, though I definitely wouldn't mind them getting a little bit out of the '60s in the next album.

lol. i agree. kinda.
i love P.O. and I love AFYCSO...?

so i kinda agree kinda not. lol
05:42 PM on 10/03/08
Sirromnad
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I wish everyone had views like the reviewer. Understanding the music and realizing that it's not just some pop-punk knock off. I think their first cd kind of gave them a bad name to those not hardcore about the pop-punk scene, and that's why they aren't getting the recognition they deserve. I wish people were more open minded about music and could see it for what it is. I like all types of music, and I wish I could share my views with other people to really make them listen to it the way I do.

Granted, I know that it's not for everyone, but you have to admit what they have in Pretty. Odd. is something to admire. They are different from a lot of bands out there today, and I hope they keep it up with their next album.
10:57 PM on 07/17/12
pondebong
User Info.
People say that this was a shit album because they changed their sound to a more folk/pop sound. I say change is good! This was a well put together album. Who doesn't listen to Northern Downpour and immediately feel better about yourself.
03:38 PM on 09/19/12
iwasblueonce
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
It is apparent to me that this is one of my favorite albums of all time. Not only is the album art utterly beautiful, the music is an evolutionary surprise for a band so amassed by a pop disco sound years earlier. The album truly has the capacity to transport me to a nostalgic memory of retro brilliance.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums