Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 1 posts.
01:46 PM on 03/12/13
mikeyg003
@mikegiannotti95
User Info.
It's a physical copy that you can hold, not just a digital image on an iPod screen. And then there's the packaging, which is always awesome, whether it's a cool insert or a well designed lyric sheet. For color variants, there's never two of the same color (unless it's black or white). And as opposed to listening through headphones, you listen to a records through external speakers and just let it encompass you. You hear all the cracks and pops, and every once in a while a skip, which is always an attention grabber. Personally, I can't lay down and listen to a new album on my iPod, it's become a ritual to listen to new albums on my player. It really makes you listen a lot more closely, so that when it does come down to listening to an album digitally, you appreciate it all that much more. Having to go through the process of placing it on the slipmat, placing the needle, turning up the speakers, and hitting play, just feel right. My mom handed me down a handful of Springsteen vinyls, and the love (one might even say an addiction) to picking up a record and playing it for the first time is unbeatable.

EDIT: And I really like that I can play albums backwards and at different pitches with my player. My friends like to screw around with that aspect of it haha.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests