Username
Password

10:48 PM on 03/13/13 
User Info.
woohoo!
There's so much room for activities
Broken Arrow, OK
Male - 23 Years Old
What are everyone's favorite (or most hated) changed lyrics? Whether it is changed for live shows, different from the original demo's lyrics, changed for a cover version of a song or whatever.
Both times I saw Blink, Tom changed the line in "Always"; I'll admit I'm wrong if you tell me" to "I'll admit you're wrong and I'll tell you."
When I saw Taking Back Sunday Adam changed a line in "Cute Without the 'E'" from "and all of this was all your fault" to "and all of this was all my fault."
I really like both of them. Blink's is hilarious and it's a pretty mature change in "Cute Without the 'E'". On the other hand, I disliked the added lyrics to "No It Isn't" by +44 for the final version on the album.
Does anyone have any other good examples, good or bad?
12:35 AM on 03/14/13 
User Info.
evilandgood
Sacramento
Male - 22 Years Old
I always dug when Andy from Manchester Orchestra would sing different shit on "Sleeper 1972" live. Different variations each of the 3 times I've seen them.
01:11 AM on 03/14/13 
User Info.
Scrawns
indie sounding lyrics here
NW Suburbs, Illinois
Male - 25 Years Old
Back when Jerry Rousch was in Of Mice & Men he was changing the lyrics / slandering of their song Second & Sebring. The song is about Austin Carlile's mom who died when he was 18. I thought that was a pretty big douche move.
02:47 AM on 03/14/13 
User Info.
Fourchordwonder
This whole thing was unstoppable
Chicago, IL
Male - 22 Years Old
All of the lyric changes in The Mark, Tom, and Travis Show are pretty funny. I also like how Kris Roe has changed the name he sings in "San Dimas" over the years because when I was thirteen (and still now, really), I would always change the name to the girl I liked at the time when I would sing along.
03:10 AM on 03/14/13 
User Info.
Smeee
AP.net's Resident Staryu
Birmingham, UK
Male - 24 Years Old
All of the lyric changes in The Mark, Tom, and Travis Show are pretty funny. I also like how Kris Roe has changed the name he sings in "San Dimas" over the years because when I was thirteen (and still now, really), I would always change the name to the girl I liked at the time when I would sing along.

WHERE'S MY ASIAN FRIEND?

x
03:34 AM on 03/14/13 
User Info.
nfarreller
http://asgideonweeps.bandcamp.co m/
Purchase, NY
Male - 20 Years Old
I always dug when Andy from Manchester Orchestra would sing different shit on "Sleeper 1972" live. Different variations each of the 3 times I've seen them.

Yes. Andy changes lyrics and adds verses all the time, and they're always perfect. There's some acoustic version of "I Can Feel A Hot One" and he adds on this:

I am but a captain sailing on an old ship
Making the best of my time
So I sing a little here and there
But I can hardly rhyme

Just like what. The Nervous Energy session of him play "Fur Stop Caring" has a completely different set of lyrics. The man must write a lot.
08:35 AM on 03/14/13 
User Info.
bituin01
I like people, places, and things.
Perth
Female
I always enjoy hearing Weak Sister by Paper Rival added in to the bridge of You, Me, And Everyone We Know's Some Things Don't Wash Out (2nd Rinse). I remember seeing a live acoustic video where Ben sings a different part to the one on the recorded version, too.
09:10 AM on 03/14/13 
User Info.
AFSjulian
I am your big brother.
Columbus, OH
Male - 26 Years Old
When I saw Jesse Lacey acoustic, he closed out the show with "Soco Amaretto Lime" and changed the end to "I'm just jealous 'cause you're young and in love". It was a poignant, almost sad way to change up a song he clearly didn't connect much to anymore. I also love the alternate lyrics to "Sewing Season". "Leo loved his wife, loved her and was faithful to her always. Had a couple kids, out in Brooklyn Heights."
10:58 AM on 03/14/13 
User Info.
patpratt
test
Minnesota
Male - 24 Years Old
Kevin Devine is a god at this. The lyrics he changes in "No Time Flat" on that live album he released last year is killer. I mean, all the lyrics he changed on that thing are awesome. Does a really great job of keeping it current.
02:49 PM on 03/14/13 
User Info.
signal to noise
Manchester, CT
Male - 26 Years Old
Always love to hear the different "mini-covers" that Touche Amore adds into the bridge of Adieux live. (ranging from "Accident Prone" by Jawbreaker, "Aside" by the Weakerthans, "Hurt" by Nine Inch Nails, "Ape Dos Mil" by Glassjaw, "Fuck Your Stuff" by P.O.S, and many more I'm sure)

One lyric changed that irked me is in My Chemical Romance's "I'm Not Okay" the line about "the photographs your boyfriend took" used to be "and never mind the drugs you took" in an earlier version.
04:24 PM on 03/14/13 
User Info.
shawnPLAGUES
Steve Holt is a bastard.
San Diego, CA
Male - 22 Years Old
Always love to hear the different "mini-covers" that Touche Amore adds into the bridge of Adieux live. (ranging from "Accident Prone" by Jawbreaker, "Aside" by the Weakerthans, "Hurt" by Nine Inch Nails, "Ape Dos Mil" by Glassjaw, "Fuck Your Stuff" by P.O.S, and many more I'm sure)

One lyric changed that irked me is in My Chemical Romance's "I'm Not Okay" the line about "the photographs your boyfriend took" used to be "and never mind the drugs you took" in an earlier version.

That rules.
04:39 PM on 03/14/13 
User Info.
Neo Cassady
Let's go exploring!
Cincinnati, OH
Male - 28 Years Old
Konstantine

"and if I hurt you, then I'm sorry, [please don't think that this was easy / it's just this guilt has got the best of me]"
"this is because I can spell konfusion with a K and [I can like it / it's hard to like it]"
"it's to Jimmy Eat World and those nights in my car, [when the first star you see may not be a star / but this time I'm alone and I don't see those stars]"
04:46 PM on 03/14/13 
User Info.
saintnumberfive
Don't wake me, I plan on sleeping
Everett, WA
Male - 29 Years Old
Blink's Aliens Exist:

"My best friend thinks I'm just telling lies/My best friend thinks I'm just humping guys"
09:23 PM on 03/14/13 
User Info.
Djentleman
Male - 26 Years Old
off topic but i hate when bands change the speed\tempo of the song live
05:44 AM on 03/15/13 
User Info.
DrStrong
Resident Misogynist
Kansas City, MO
Male
The live Blink record is the greatest live recording ever created.

At least in the pop punk genre, fucking hilarious.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos