AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Jacks Mannequin News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Andrew McMahon Plays "Synesthesia" Live [Video]

Posted by - 11:37 AM on 03/14/13
Head to the replies to check out Andrew McMahon playing a new song on tour called, "Synesthesia." The track seems to reference fun., "...and my friends are in the news, collecting trophies for the songs they wrote."

Submitted by tht1guyb

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 73
11:37 AM on 03/14/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
11:52 AM on 03/14/13
billyboatkid
The Protagonist of Loneliness
User Info.
Sounds good live.
11:57 AM on 03/14/13
Loveisa4lttrwrd
stuff
User Info.
It's hard to tell in this context but is he bitter about it? I mean he follows it up with "I guess I never made a gold record..."
12:06 PM on 03/14/13
MrDelux
User Info.
It's hard to tell in this context but is he bitter about it? I mean he follows it up with "I guess I never made a gold record..."
Fun. opened for him about 3 years ago. Now he's the opener. I'd be bitter too. But they are better musicians.... so.... go figure
12:06 PM on 03/14/13
whitelightning7
Registered Member
User Info.
Sounds great. I'm really excited for The Pop Underground.
12:07 PM on 03/14/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
Don't think he's bitter at all ...
12:09 PM on 03/14/13
Spencer Control
you'll grow your soul away
User Info.
Fun. opened for him about 3 years ago. Now he's the opener. I'd be bitter too. But they are better musicians.... so.... go figure

While I disagree with the bolded, I do understand why he'd be bitter.
12:12 PM on 03/14/13
MrDelux
User Info.
While I disagree with the bolded, I do understand why he'd be bitter.
I'm curious,

I don't understand the appeal to Andrew/Jacks Mannequin so if you care to explain to me why you like him I'd be interested to listen.
12:13 PM on 03/14/13
Privr005
User Info.
Am I the only one shocked that he hasn't made a gold record. I guess I over estimated how big his projects have been
12:17 PM on 03/14/13
Spencer Control
you'll grow your soul away
User Info.
I'm curious,

I don't understand the appeal to Andrew/Jacks Mannequin so if you care to explain to me why you like him I'd be interested to listen.
Well, a lot of it isn't a conscious reason - the beauty of music is that it's a very individualized experience, so what means something to you might not mean anything to me, and vice versa.
That said, I just like that Andrew writes very catchy music, is an extremely skilled pianist, and is incredibly passionate about what he does. So you might disagree and say fun. still is better, if you like. They really just bore me, and for whatever reason, I find way more emotional connection to Swim and Hammers and String (A Lullaby) by Jack's Mannequin than I do to Some Nights or We Are Young.
12:19 PM on 03/14/13
DevinDomino
FUCKyeah
User Info.
Fucking hell, can Andrew make a single bad song? This sounds great!
12:20 PM on 03/14/13
underdawg1119
now I sleep for days
User Info.
So excited to see him next month. It's been too long.
12:21 PM on 03/14/13
herestoyoufla
Still starin' down the sun
User Info.
Well, a lot of it isn't a conscious reason - the beauty of music is that it's a very individualized experience, so what means something to you might not mean anything to me, and vice versa.
That said, I just like that Andrew writes very catchy music, is an extremely skilled pianist, and is incredibly passionate about what he does. So you might disagree and say fun. still is better, if you like. They really just bore me, and for whatever reason, I find way more emotional connection to Swim and Hammers and String (A Lullaby) by Jack's Mannequin than I do to Some Nights or We Are Young.
I don't think those song choices are fair comparisons. You chose 2 deep tracks from Jack's and compared them with funs most popular radio tracks from their breakthrough record to make your point.
12:21 PM on 03/14/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
Fucking hell, can Andrew make a single bad song? This sounds great!

I love Andrew ... but ... yeah.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version