Username
Password
Money News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Money
Inside AP.net

Distances Launch an Indiegogo Campaign

Posted by: Deborah Remus (03/14/13)
Distances have launched an Indiegogo campaign to help fund their upcoming full-length record. You can still download the band's self-titled EP for free if you haven't heard it yet.

Displaying posts 1 - 6 of 6
06:30 PM on 03/14/13
ZachMadeMeOdd
<("<) ^( " )^ (>")>
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The people are becoming the record label.
07:23 PM on 03/14/13
Spencer Control
Will you catch me if I blow away?
User Info.
The people are becoming the record label.
Do you say this like it's a good thing, or a bad thing?

It should be noted, also, that since the EP is name-your-price, supporting the band through that is equally viable.
09:16 PM on 03/14/13
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
Do you say this like it's a good thing, or a bad thing?

It should be noted, also, that since the EP is name-your-price, supporting the band through that is equally viable.

True, although the band says right at the top of their Indiegogo page that you can grab it for free so that's why I phrased it that way. I think they realize that "free" tends to grab people's attention, especially when the band is just getting started.
06:36 AM on 03/15/13
Spencer Control
Will you catch me if I blow away?
User Info.
True, although the band says right at the top of their Indiegogo page that you can grab it for free so that's why I phrased it that way. I think they realize that "free" tends to grab people's attention, especially when the band is just getting started.
Nah, yeah - it's cool. I was merely saying, if none of the prizes grabs you, or you like the idea of dropping a few bucks on it, that would probably be just as supportive.
10:13 AM on 03/15/13
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
Nah, yeah - it's cool. I was merely saying, if none of the prizes grabs you, or you like the idea of dropping a few bucks on it, that would probably be just as supportive.

Yeah, I totally see what you're saying, I'm sure they appreciate any cent that comes their way. Curious to see how it goes for these guys, especially since they just formed almost a year ago. I saw them open for Living With Lions and Title Fight back in January and they showed a lot of potential, especially with their new lead singer.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests