Username
Password

Comments: Page 11
Displaying posts 150 - 165 of 264
11:17 AM on 03/16/13
Manufactured Dreams
Fabricated Revolution
User Info.
i could give you a very long list of reasons why i have tried drugs but i feel like you wouldn't care.

If you have a reason that can't be boiled down to someone just being a weak minded individual I'd love to hear it. Not being mean or anything, I'm dead serious.
11:17 AM on 03/16/13
Jake Jenkins
dont talk to me
User Info.
Both sides of the addiction argument are ignoring facts:

Addiction: very much an illness. However, it can be treated with professional help and a personal commitment towards recovery.
Drug use: A choice.
i completely understand drug use is a choice but i dont think its a choice that should automatically put people on a black list and if something happens because of it we say "well, thats their own fault!"
11:19 AM on 03/16/13
Jake Jenkins
dont talk to me
User Info.
If you have a reason that can't be boiled down to someone just being a weak minded individual I'd love to hear it. Not being mean or anything, I'm dead serious.
how about this one: it feels good
11:20 AM on 03/16/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
i completely understand drug use is a choice but i dont think its a choice that should automatically put people on a black list and if something happens because of it we say "well, thats their own fault!"
I agree! Which is why the current US drug policy is a fucking joke.

However, there is still some blame that can be placed on a case like Lil Wayne. He has the resources and opportunity to actually do something about it, but chooses not to even try. He's not entirely a victim anymore.
11:21 AM on 03/16/13
Jake Jenkins
dont talk to me
User Info.
I agree! Which is why the current US drug policy is a fucking joke.

However, there is still some blame that can be placed on a case like Lil Wayne. He has the resources and opportunity to actually do something about it, but chooses not to even try. He's not entirely a victim anymore.
i disagree with your last part. i fail to believe lil wayne hasn't considered the consequences of what he's doing and has never tried to make a change. maybe im just giving him the benefit of the doubt, but i know first hand syrup is hard as fuck to kick.
11:23 AM on 03/16/13
gameboy_color
Piddo-shitstained-woodpecker
User Info.
ITT: people who don't understand addiction

You don't say that someone doesn't get themselves in an addiction. They can't control how strong of one but they definitely are the only ones who put themselves in the position (unless they get addicted to medication that they have to take)
11:24 AM on 03/16/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
i disagree with your last part. i fail to believe lil wayne hasn't considered the consequences of what he's doing and has never tried to make a change. maybe im just giving him the benefit of the doubt, but i know first hand syrup is hard as fuck to kick.
I'm saying he likely has considered the consequences. I think you'd almost have to with his legal and health history.

Maybe I'm just uninformed in his case, but I've never exactly seen him talking about breaking habits or agreeing to treatment. If I'm wrong on that, I'll retract the "chooses to not try" piece.
11:25 AM on 03/16/13
gameboy_color
Piddo-shitstained-woodpecker
User Info.
everyone saying "its their own fault," are you saying you agree with the current drug policies in the USA, that we should lock up drug addicts because it is, after all, their own fault?

Wanting them locked up and it being their own fault that they took the drugs are different.

No one makes someone take drugs unless its medication, they choose to take them
11:25 AM on 03/16/13
Jake Jenkins
dont talk to me
User Info.
I'm saying he likely has considered the consequences. I think you'd almost have to with his legal and health history.

Maybe I'm just uninformed in his case, but I've never exactly seen him talking about breaking habits or agreeing to treatment. If I'm wrong on that, I'll retract the "chooses to not try" piece.
it just boils down to how you see it and how i see it, but neither of us know. either way, we're more or less on the same side
11:26 AM on 03/16/13
Manufactured Dreams
Fabricated Revolution
User Info.
how about this one: it feels good

Nope.
11:27 AM on 03/16/13
Jake Jenkins
dont talk to me
User Info.
let me get this straight: i smoke weed because it makes me feel good. it does not impair the rest of my life in any way. i am weak minded?
11:27 AM on 03/16/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
"weak-minded individual" is pretty unscientific.
11:28 AM on 03/16/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
I think people should be allowed to use drugs for that very reason. It's their choice and the consequences are also theirs...
11:38 AM on 03/16/13
Manufactured Dreams
Fabricated Revolution
User Info.
let me get this straight: i smoke weed because it makes me feel good. it does not impair the rest of my life in any way. i am weak minded?

This conversation was about hardcore drugs that do impair your life so I'm not concerned about your weed use. Weed is like cigarettes to me. I frown upon it but I really don't have much of an issue. Just don't do it around me.

But to me doing something that is hurting you and your loved ones because it feels good is weak. Your mind is not strong enough for you to see the reality of the situation to get help. Also doing something like heroin or some shit just because it feels good is really selfish. Do you think anyone's mother cares how good it felt when they're burying their child?

"weak-minded individual" is pretty unscientific.

Good thing no one ever accused me of being a scientist.
11:40 AM on 03/16/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
Good thing no one ever accused me of being a scientist.

Scientists aren't the only group who should use accurate terminology.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos