AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

09:40 AM on 03/25/13 
User Info.
Ferrari333SP
St. Paul, Minnesota
Male - 28 Years Old
Oh wow, that's pretty cool! I loved seeing the paragliders zipping between the mountains there..or anywhere else here for that matter. When I was in highschool I won a gift certificate to do it and never did..absolute failure on my part.
I guess you're right... aside from the boringness of some cities they are still some of the most scenic. I'm from the Lausanne area, pretty here too. Definitely need more than 3 days in Switzerland!

Got a gift certificate but didn't do it?? Gahhhh; yeah it was a crazy experience. Strap into a parachute with the instructor, and then he tells you to start running. So you start running, and you're about to run off a cliff, but then the chute catches air. And then near the end the guy starts doing barrel rolls, getting completely sideways at some points. Intense

Yeah I absolutely need more than 3 days in Switzerland; crazy how many incredible views are on offer around the country. The reason I was there in Switzerland was that I was studying in London at the time, and some of our group decided to spend the weekend there. I just checked out some pics of Lausanne; looks amazing, especially with the surrounding Alps, and then being next to Lake Geneva sure helps, haha. What's the music scene like there? Do a good amount of bands/artists make stops there, or do they tend to stick to a bigger city like Zurich? When I see bands tour Europe I think notice them including one stop in Switzerland. I got to catch a few shows in London while I was there, but hopefully one day I can catch some in other countries in Europe.
03:49 PM on 03/25/13 
User Info.
-whisp-
HelixSkies
Melbourne
Female - 26 Years Old
Got a gift certificate but didn't do it?? Gahhhh; yeah it was a crazy experience. Strap into a parachute with the instructor, and then he tells you to start running. So you start running, and you're about to run off a cliff, but then the chute catches air. And then near the end the guy starts doing barrel rolls, getting completely sideways at some points. Intense

Yeah I absolutely need more than 3 days in Switzerland; crazy how many incredible views are on offer around the country. The reason I was there in Switzerland was that I was studying in London at the time, and some of our group decided to spend the weekend there. I just checked out some pics of Lausanne; looks amazing, especially with the surrounding Alps, and then being next to Lake Geneva sure helps, haha. What's the music scene like there? Do a good amount of bands/artists make stops there, or do they tend to stick to a bigger city like Zurich? When I see bands tour Europe I think notice them including one stop in Switzerland. I got to catch a few shows in London while I was there, but hopefully one day I can catch some in other countries in Europe.

Oh wow.. sounds like a fantastic time just falling, haha.
Nice, you guys made the right choice to come here then! The music scene is decent.. I honestly don't know anymore in recent years. There are several big music festivals spread across the country which always bring in some good bands but other than that they'll go to Zurich or Winterthur (north of Zurich) to fill large venues. Smaller bands might go to Geneva or other small cities but it's rare. Bands generally don't come here because of the high tax rate.. and honestly I can't even afford tickets to go, everything is so expensive here.
I just checked what bands are coming out of curiosity in the coming months and so far I see 3 Doors Down and Nickelback...yup.
10:51 PM on 03/25/13 
User Info.
Ferrari333SP
St. Paul, Minnesota
Male - 28 Years Old
Oh wow.. sounds like a fantastic time just falling, haha.
Nice, you guys made the right choice to come here then! The music scene is decent.. I honestly don't know anymore in recent years. There are several big music festivals spread across the country which always bring in some good bands but other than that they'll go to Zurich or Winterthur (north of Zurich) to fill large venues. Smaller bands might go to Geneva or other small cities but it's rare. Bands generally don't come here because of the high tax rate.. and honestly I can't even afford tickets to go, everything is so expensive here.
I just checked what bands are coming out of curiosity in the coming months and so far I see 3 Doors Down and Nickelback...yup.

Ahhh yeah you use the Swiss Franc there; I remember being in Zurich and checking out a McDonalds, and seeing the prices of the value meals, I was like "Waaaaaaaaa?"; so expensive. And 3 Doors Down and Nickelback? Ugghh, a bit depressing.....I remember being in London and just being amazed at how many shows were happening all the time, by so many artists. I might be visiting London this fall, so hopefully I'm able to check out a show or two. Also thankfully, here in Minneapolis our music scene is pretty awesome; I'm hitting up three shows this week alone. Summer here is especially great for festivals.

Besides Switzerland of course, where else in Europe have you visited? Any favorites? Seen any shows in any of the other countries?
04:33 AM on 03/26/13 
User Info.
-whisp-
HelixSkies
Melbourne
Female - 26 Years Old
Ahhh yeah you use the Swiss Franc there; I remember being in Zurich and checking out a McDonalds, and seeing the prices of the value meals, I was like "Waaaaaaaaa?"; so expensive. And 3 Doors Down and Nickelback? Ugghh, a bit depressing.....I remember being in London and just being amazed at how many shows were happening all the time, by so many artists. I might be visiting London this fall, so hopefully I'm able to check out a show or two. Also thankfully, here in Minneapolis our music scene is pretty awesome; I'm hitting up three shows this week alone. Summer here is especially great for festivals.

Besides Switzerland of course, where else in Europe have you visited? Any favorites? Seen any shows in any of the other countries?

Hah, yes..12 bucks for a McDonalds meal and you'd spend that much for a small salad in a restaurant, ridiculous.
I've always been jealous of people who live in areas where they get to see bands more frequently like that.. I lived in the UK for 4 years during my studies but only managed to see a band once (again I couldn't really afford to go more) but it was worth it since they are one of my favourites (Idlewild).
I've been to Germany / France (not Paris unfortunately) / Netherlands / Italy / Czech Republic / Greece / Cyprus etc, a fair few haha. I absolutely loved Berlin when I went, and Rome is also fantastic. Amsterdam is pretty sweet, lovely to walk along the canals and cobbled streets with a nice rustic feel to it.. each city has it's own charm to it. There are still several places I want to visit..all in due time.
08:20 PM on 04/02/13 
User Info.
Ferrari333SP
St. Paul, Minnesota
Male - 28 Years Old
Hah, yes..12 bucks for a McDonalds meal and you'd spend that much for a small salad in a restaurant, ridiculous.
I've always been jealous of people who live in areas where they get to see bands more frequently like that.. I lived in the UK for 4 years during my studies but only managed to see a band once (again I couldn't really afford to go more) but it was worth it since they are one of my favourites (Idlewild).
I've been to Germany / France (not Paris unfortunately) / Netherlands / Italy / Czech Republic / Greece / Cyprus etc, a fair few haha. I absolutely loved Berlin when I went, and Rome is also fantastic. Amsterdam is pretty sweet, lovely to walk along the canals and cobbled streets with a nice rustic feel to it.. each city has it's own charm to it. There are still several places I want to visit..all in due time.

Gahh work and my class keeping me busy.

So you studied in the U.K. for 4 years? Where/what city did you study in? Besides London, I've been to Bath, Brighton, Oxford, and York; and then in Scotland Edinburgh and the Isle of Skye, but that's it. Yeah that's a pretty nice list of places you've been; last three I haven't had a chance to visit yet. France is awesome, especially all the little towns scattered around the country. Have only driven into Paris, to leave via the airport, haha. Have been to Amsterdam twice now, but have only really explored the city center, the part most tourists visit. I've heard Brugge in Belgium is sort of similar/really nice, with it's cobbled streets and older buildings. My parents and younger brother have been to Berlin, and all loved it; I've only been to Frankfurt, which was kind of boring. I did Venice in Italy, but not Rome unfortunately. In general though, nice advantage you got there is the excellent train system all over Europe, making most big cities only a couple of hours away. Here in the U.S. everything is so spread appaaarrtttt, it sucks. Plus, your inter city transport is much better too, in regards to either an underground system or bus.

Just learned this week I'm most likely going back to Ireland and Scotland/England this fall with my parents; so pumped. Tax returns we do here most certainly help, haha
10:09 AM on 04/08/13 
User Info.
-whisp-
HelixSkies
Melbourne
Female - 26 Years Old
Gahh work and my class keeping me busy.

So you studied in the U.K. for 4 years? Where/what city did you study in? Besides London, I've been to Bath, Brighton, Oxford, and York; and then in Scotland Edinburgh and the Isle of Skye, but that's it. Yeah that's a pretty nice list of places you've been; last three I haven't had a chance to visit yet. France is awesome, especially all the little towns scattered around the country. Have only driven into Paris, to leave via the airport, haha. Have been to Amsterdam twice now, but have only really explored the city center, the part most tourists visit. I've heard Brugge in Belgium is sort of similar/really nice, with it's cobbled streets and older buildings. My parents and younger brother have been to Berlin, and all loved it; I've only been to Frankfurt, which was kind of boring. I did Venice in Italy, but not Rome unfortunately. In general though, nice advantage you got there is the excellent train system all over Europe, making most big cities only a couple of hours away. Here in the U.S. everything is so spread appaaarrtttt, it sucks. Plus, your inter city transport is much better too, in regards to either an underground system or bus.

Just learned this week I'm most likely going back to Ireland and Scotland/England this fall with my parents; so pumped. Tax returns we do here most certainly help, haha

No worries.
Yeah, 3 years in Coventry and a final year in Falmouth- lovely little place. Went up north a couple times, leeds/manchester and also was in Bournemouth over a summer.. managed to visit London a couple times but I could never last there more than week..too busy for me. Would have loved to have gone up to Edinburgh.
Nice advantage yes, but a pricey one!

Oh that's awesome, nice one. How long will you guys be going for? that's a pretty big trip!
11:57 AM on 04/08/13 
User Info.
theguy77
Terrain / Ryan
Baltimore, MD
Male - 24 Years Old
Verified
they're both trying too hard to look like spaceships
11:57 AM on 04/08/13 
User Info.
theguy77
Terrain / Ryan
Baltimore, MD
Male - 24 Years Old
Verified
McLaren F1 > practically any Ferrari though
12:00 PM on 04/08/13 
User Info.
Ferrari333SP
St. Paul, Minnesota
Male - 28 Years Old
McLaren F1 > practically any Ferrari though

I concur with this; still my favorite supercar of all time. 241mph from a naturally aspirated V12? Still hasn't been matched to this day.
12:08 PM on 04/08/13 
User Info.
theguy77
Terrain / Ryan
Baltimore, MD
Male - 24 Years Old
Verified
I concur with this; still my favorite supercar of all time. 241mph from a naturally aspirated V12? Still hasn't been matched to this day.

there are a lot of things about that car that haven't been matched. the fucking driver seat is in the middle and it's the only supercar that seats 3 people comfortably:

they look cool as hell too:

if i could have any supercar, the only thing i'd prefer is a Pagani Zonda F
12:20 PM on 04/08/13 
User Info.
Ferrari333SP
St. Paul, Minnesota
Male - 28 Years Old
there are a lot of things about that car that haven't been matched. the fucking driver seat is in the middle and it's the only supercar that seats 3 people comfortably:

they look cool as hell too:

if i could have any supercar, the only thing i'd prefer is a Pagani Zonda F

Wish McLaren would have gone for the 3-seater again for the P1, haha

As for any other supercar, the only one that comes close for overall coolness is the Pagani Huayra; just a fantastic machine. You can tell Horacio Pagani poured every ounce of passion he had into that machine.
01:23 PM on 04/08/13 
User Info.
theguy77
Terrain / Ryan
Baltimore, MD
Male - 24 Years Old
Verified
Wish McLaren would have gone for the 3-seater again for the P1, haha

As for any other supercar, the only one that comes close for overall coolness is the Pagani Huayra; just a fantastic machine. You can tell Horacio Pagani poured every ounce of passion he had into that machine.

i hadn't seen that one yet. it looks exactly like the Zonda from the front but the back is too close to how the new Ferrari's look in my opinion. reminds me directly of the 458 Italia. i prefer the Zonda back, it's more distinctive and i really like the symmetry of it:

man i drool over pictures of every Zonda i see. if i ever ranked cars based on how cool their design is, this car would top my list

the interior is top-of-the-line exotic too

01:37 PM on 04/08/13 
User Info.
Ferrari333SP
St. Paul, Minnesota
Male - 28 Years Old
i hadn't seen that one yet. it looks exactly like the Zonda from the front but the back is too close to how the new Ferrari's look in my opinion. reminds me directly of the 458 Italia. i prefer the Zonda back, it's more distinctive and i really like the symmetry of it:

man i drool over pictures of every Zonda i see. if i ever ranked cars based on how cool their design is, this car would top my list

the interior is top-of-the-line exotic too

The Zonda R is sick, but

Huayra on Top Gear:

Huayra on DRIVE(one of the best car reviews ever):

07:10 PM on 04/09/13 
User Info.
Ferrari333SP
St. Paul, Minnesota
Male - 28 Years Old
No worries.
Yeah, 3 years in Coventry and a final year in Falmouth- lovely little place. Went up north a couple times, leeds/manchester and also was in Bournemouth over a summer.. managed to visit London a couple times but I could never last there more than week..too busy for me. Would have loved to have gone up to Edinburgh.
Nice advantage yes, but a pricey one!

Oh that's awesome, nice one. How long will you guys be going for? that's a pretty big trip!

Nicee, sounds like you got to explore a good portion of the country. I think right now our trip length is around 2 and a half weeks; I get 15 paid days off a year at my work, so this trip will be pushing it, haha. I remember getting to London and being fairly overwhelmed at first, but I got used to it pretty quick. Outside the city center, it was pretty calm everywhere I went; felt like any other small European city. With the fantastic underground system the city has, it goes nearly everywhere, so you're able to explore every part of the city you want. So many big parks around the city too, that bring calm to the city, especially with Hyde Park, which I think is even bigger than Central Park in NYC. So yeah in general I'm pretty excited; sucks I have to wait so long though.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos