AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 2 posts.
12:37 PM on 03/17/13
iarelevy
User Info.
Listened to Twin Falls outside of Red 7 and then stayed at Antone's most of the night.

For those of you who like singer/songwriters, check out Jillette Johnson. She has an unbelievable voice. I really enjoyed her song, 'True North' and cover of Radiohead's 'Creep'.

Also there was Kris Allen, Delta Rae, and A Silent Film in Antone's lineup.

Headed over to the Third Eye Blind show after that to meet Stephan Jenkins. Listened to about 4 or 5 songs from outside the venue and snapped a quick picture with him after the show was finished.

My 4th successful SxSW. If you have the chance to make it there next year then I suggest it. Book a hotel early. Some hotels have shuttle services you can pay for ($60 for the week) that run until 3 a.m.. Well worth the money rather than having to drive in Austin traffic and park 4 miles away.
03:23 PM on 03/17/13
iarelevy
User Info.
Jealous of 3EB/Jenkins.
When I say I snapped a quick picture with him...what I meant was...

The band came out and went straight to the trailer they had set up behind the venue. About 15 minutes after the show ended Stephan exited the trailer so I, along with another guy that had been sitting out there listening to them perform, asked for a picture. He hesitated and told us to both jump in on the picture to be quicker. I didn't want to miss an opportunity, so I did. The thing that I didn't understand was that there were only six of us total back there - my gf and me and the guy we had met and then another group of 3...and that was it...but he didn't want to take a separate picture for us. So now I have to hope that the guy we met will e-mail me the picture.

So this weekend was pretty good - in just three days I was able to meet Chad Gilbert of NFG, Chris Carrabba of Dashboard Confessional/Twin Falls, Andrew McMahon of Something Corporate/Jack's Mannequin, Stephan Jenkins of 3EB, Dallas Green of City & Colour/Alexisonfire, Jillette Johnson, Kris Allen, Ryan Merchant of Capital Cities, and Louisa Rose Allen of Foxes.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests