Tit
04:44 AM on 03/19/13
evilandgood
User Info.
I think I've grown out of his voice and this band. That bugs me :(
04:48 AM on 03/19/13
evilandgood
User Info.
What's with the hate for Paint It Golden? While not as great as Illuminate, it was a pretty good record and I enjoyed it a lot. More than Assailants, anyway.
Sorry for the double post.

But this line of thinking just bugs me though. With all the fantastic music out there and our limited time to listen to it, why expend that time on merely "solid" releases? In this saturated market, I think it's an imperative for artists to push themselves to new heights at all times in order to stand out.
05:17 AM on 03/19/13
beau blood rush
smoke & mirrors.
User Info.
This record is so good! I love hurry back tonight!
07:26 AM on 03/19/13
providence36
generator ^ first floor
User Info.
I could never get into This December for some reason, save for "December." Maybe I'll try again some day.
Its a very moody record, its mostly just nostalgia for me since it came out when I was in high school. I can see why it would be hard to get into if you were just checking it out for the first time today. Still has some of my favorite songs by them though (Fools & Luxury, Its In Your Blood, and Always Move Fast)
08:12 AM on 03/19/13
Ryan Gardner
User Info.
What's the T stand for? Haha
hahah my bad I've had a long week
08:47 AM on 03/19/13
oxeneers
User Info.
Why the shit do you guys still compare everything "Lydia" does to their past stuff? It's obviously a completely, completely, different band.

"Devil" is fucking great no matter how you slice it.
09:13 AM on 03/19/13
thisisxxmypanic
User Info.
I haven't liked anything aside from the Illuminate album, but this song rules.
09:43 AM on 03/19/13
thesollopsist
Up all night, and down all day
User Info.
Why the shit do you guys still compare everything "Lydia" does to their past stuff? It's obviously a completely, completely, different band.

This. I really like the album so far.
10:03 AM on 03/19/13
loudasallgetout
Non Registered User
User Info.
So many Ooooooo ooooos and ohhhh ohhhh. Not really complaining though.
10:08 AM on 03/19/13
Austin Davis
god damn, this just feels right
User Info.
I just thought that based on the teaser clip from that video and them switching producers it was going to sound much different than Paint It Golden ...but rather it's Paint It Golden part two.

Don't get me wrong, I love Paint It Golden, just not what I was expecting here haha

I don't get how you think it sounds so much like Paint It Golden. Except for maybe some of the vocal delivery. I'm like you and never understood all the hate for Paint It Golden... I think it's a great progression from Assailants, but to me Devil sounds completely different than anything else of theirs. It sounds like Leighton might be moving on from all the subject matter in past albums, which is awesome, but damn this is one happy record. haha
10:17 AM on 03/19/13
Austin Davis
god damn, this just feels right
User Info.

Exactly. We all know Illuminate is incredible but we wouldn't want them to just try writing the same exact stuff over and over again. I love how they (well, Leighton, really) can keep writing albums that sound a little different from the last but are still really good.
10:24 AM on 03/19/13
jordalsh
jordalsh.wordpress.com
User Info.
I almost think that "Take Your Time" would have made a better opener, but I guess it's not as representative of the album as a whole.
10:49 AM on 03/19/13
jprime
http://himynameis.jp
User Info.
It's quite a feat that they've managed to transition as artists from depressed and gloomy to hopeful and happy between all four albums genuinely. It's not as easy as it seems.
10:51 AM on 03/19/13
Mr.Piano93
I hate my username.
User Info.
Just listened to the album, definitely better than Paint it Golden, but drastically different than the other 3. This song is so damn awesome, very catchy. Interesting to hear Lydia take on this pop/rock sound, almost reminds me of Jack's Mannequin in a weird way.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos