Username
Password
Third Eye Blind News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 30.
01:11 PM on 03/19/13
RockVocalPower
Ups and Downsizing
User Info.
Jenkins is such a turd, but I will listen to this.
01:20 PM on 03/19/13
rbf737
User Info.
Agree with all of this. I thought I was going crazy when Ursa Minor didn't come out like they said it would, and it felt like no one was talking about it anymore. Anyway, regarding the long wait between albums: Stephan Jenkins has stated in the past that he's struggled with writing lyrics. Ursa Major was rumored to be delayed because of this.
Definitely true, it seems like lyrics are something he really struggles with to get them just right how he likes them. There's a video someone shot in like 07' of them doing Bonfire or Sharp Knife 2 years before Ursa Major and Stephen says at the beginning of the video how hard it is for him to finish lyrics. Ha funny thing is a lot of the lyrics in that version are different from what ended up on the album.

Whenever this record comes out it's going to be great like everything else they've done... it's just kind of like let me know when there's a release date until then. I'm tired of getting an update every 6 months saying they're starting to record the new record, then 6 months later you hear that 3 songs are done and they're talking about their next tour or something non album related.

/rant.

And the final album talk is Stephen saying (though I don't know if I believe him) that this'll be the last full length and in the future he'll just release songs as they're done. This goes back to how difficult he finds completing 10 songs to his satisfaction (basically his words, not mine).
02:56 PM on 03/19/13
fran.182
Euphoric disconnection
User Info.
Been in a Third Eye Blind mood lately. Hope they put the new album out this year.

I don't think they are an album's band except for their first one, but they have so many songs among my favorites of all time... Can't not be excited!
03:03 PM on 03/19/13
suckitandsee
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Release date 2017?
03:25 PM on 03/19/13
Kapa73
User Info.
somehow I always forget that, but you're absolutely right
03:36 PM on 03/19/13
End of Disc One
User Info.
I love the first three albums but Ursa Major is very mediocre. You can tell they lost their creative spark and are struggling to make more music.

Haven't listened to any of the new songs so maybe I'm wrong.
03:46 PM on 03/19/13
herestoyoufla
Still starin' down the sun
User Info.
I love the first three albums but Ursa Major is very mediocre. You can tell they lost their creative spark and are struggling to make more music.

Haven't listened to any of the new songs so maybe I'm wrong.
I agree that Ursa Major is their weakest, but "Bonfire" is one of my favourite songs by them.
05:30 PM on 03/19/13
dashboardkid88
RVA
User Info.
About time for a new album. Still really enjoy listening to them on a regular basis.
05:54 PM on 03/19/13
Slangster
Kill the lights, I've seen too much
User Info.
I always hear people say that, but I have no idea why. Does he just come off that way? (I've never seen them live or anything besides videos so idk)
08:07 PM on 03/19/13
RockVocalPower
Ups and Downsizing
User Info.
I always hear people say that, but I have no idea why. Does he just come off that way? (I've never seen them live or anything besides videos so idk)

Just google his name + lawsuit and have fun. This does a good job of summing up one of the lawsuits: http://www.nytimes.com/2002/06/20/arts/the-pop-life-a-part-of-a-band-as-the-whole-band.html
08:09 PM on 03/19/13
fakeyellowlight
User Info.
I can share one story with regards to this.

I saw them in 2006 at UNH (can't believe it's been 7 years)...anyways, after the show Jenkins showed up to the party I was at, and he was a complete shithead. He made a huge ruckus, had that rock-star "entitlement" when it came to the girls, and made it uncomfortable. He ended up leaving pretty quick. Anyone else remember that?

Also, if you ever get a chance, read the 3-EB lawsuit website regarding them and Kevin Cadogan and now Tony F. It's crazzzy stuff about how Stephen ultimately tried to screw the other band members out of rights to the songs and ultimately a lot of money.
09:10 PM on 03/19/13
Slangster
Kill the lights, I've seen too much
User Info.
Just google his name + lawsuit and have fun. This does a good job of summing up one of the lawsuits: http://www.nytimes.com/2002/06/20/ar...hole-band.html
Wow. Yeah, what an asshole. Still love his music though
09:27 PM on 03/19/13
Circa1628
Long suffering Bills fan
User Info.
SJ was awesome when I met him..just me?
10:44 AM on 03/20/13
yeahtheocean
La Lala
User Info.
Out Of The Vein was really their last cohesive album. Stephan said there would be a string of releases following it, and there wasn't. He said there would be more to come after Ursa Major too, and there wasn't. He also already said they would stop doing the whole album thing and just release songs or e.p.'s online, but there hasn't really been much of that. The songs on Ursa Major really reveal where he's at I think, as they don't sound like they were recorded at the same time and the lyrics aren't nearly as edited and perfected as they were on the first three records.

Not only are there 50 or more songs he's currently wrestling with, but there are many more unsatisfactory or unfinished songs and recordings spanning the past 10 years (2003 to 2013) or maybe even longer. They've been in the studio a lot. Many songs from Ursa Major they probably recorded multiple times as he kept changing the lyrics and the vocal melodies. Many unreleased songs probably exist in multiple recorded forms as well. He's probably mentally buried underneath so many unfinished songs that it's ridiculous.
11:40 AM on 03/20/13
herestoyoufla
Still starin' down the sun
User Info.
It might actually beneift him to NOT have his own studio it seems, haha.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums