AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Jacks Mannequin News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Jacks Mannequin
Inside AP.net

Andrew McMahon's "I Heard Your Voice in a...

Posted by: Jason Tate (03/19/13)
"Smash" will feature a song that Andrew McMahon wrote called "I Heard Your Voice in a Dream" tonight at 10/9c on NBC.

Update: Just kidding. Looks like it'll be a couple weeks away now.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 18
05:23 PM on 03/19/13
billcom6
AP Addict
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
He should try out for The Voice!!!!
05:26 PM on 03/19/13
jordalsh
twitter.com/Jordalsh
User Info.
Good for him! I'll make sure to tell my roommate about this before he watches it and then give him a Jack's Mannequin CD afterwards aha
05:55 PM on 03/19/13
theHECKLER
User Info.
What's "Smash"?
05:57 PM on 03/19/13
gr33ndayfr3ak
www.nickferran.com
User Info.
06:11 PM on 03/19/13
duritzfan13
Order inspires disorder
User Info.
*Hoping this is a joke/sarcasm*
08:24 PM on 03/19/13
Mr.Piano93
I hate my username.
User Info.

motherfuckers
09:26 PM on 03/19/13
jacoco
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Or he should do exactly not that
10:51 PM on 03/19/13
Ollie McKraut
Registered Member
User Info.
would rather see Andrew on X Factor lol
07:01 AM on 03/20/13
ari telescope
kitties
User Info.
Why would he do this, he is already a more successful musician than any of their contestants will ever be
07:25 AM on 03/20/13
ACA
Next Show: Circa Survive @ NYC 7/17
User Info.
"Casting Lines" (I think) was originally written for tv show but turned down, interesting he got a second chance.
07:59 AM on 03/20/13
shwaz499
User Info.
Why would he do this, he is already a more successful musician than any of their contestants will ever be
This is an exaggeration... but I guess one's definition of success is subjective. But I mean, he is well known to "the scene" but never had any real mainstream success. Honestly, it wouldn't be a huge stretch to see him on The Voice considering they have had some known artists on (some who had already been on major labels). I doubt it would ever happen though.
08:10 AM on 03/20/13
ari telescope
kitties
User Info.
This is an exaggeration... but I guess one's definition of success is subjective. But I mean, he is well known to "the scene" but never had any real mainstream success. Honestly, it wouldn't be a huge stretch to see him on The Voice considering they have had some known artists on (some who had already been on major labels). I doubt it would ever happen though.

He is more successful, including financially, which would just cause a shitstorm of "he's already financially set off his career why does he get to be on this show" anyway. And he definitely has a more successful music career than any previous winners, regardless of your bullshit "mainstream matters" attitude. He's definitely not just well-known to the scene. Have you seen any Andrew McMahon/JM/Soco shows recently? "The scene" makes up about 10% of the people there, everyone else is college kids and people not part of any "scene." Effortlessly selling out huge tours, not seeming to have a care in the world for where his career has taken him and is heading... yeah, I think he's pretty damn successful for a TV show made for unknowns who have virtually no active career. The only logical excuse they have for Cassadee being on there is because her music career had gone down the drain.

I mean, maybe if the world just forgets about him and he can't sell more than a hundred records and no one goes to his shows anymore, then it would probably make sense.
09:29 AM on 03/20/13
jacoco
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
He's on XM Radio all the time and widely known on my college campus, he may not be mainstream in the traditional sense but he sells out venues like 9:30 and TLA using his own name and not even using the Jack's moniker (not to mention People & Things debuted in the Billboard top 10 the week it was released) - making him substantially more recognized than anyone who's come off the voice that wasn't already riding the coattails of Warped Tour notoriety.
11:09 AM on 03/20/13
shwaz499
User Info.
they just posted a video of the song performance from the episode. has andrew mcmahon written all over it. excellent song.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/20/smash-i-heard-your-voice-in-a-dream-andrew-mcmahon_n_2914648.html?utm_hp_ref=t v
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums