Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 122
10:47 AM on 03/20/13
tyler2tall147
Awesome
User Info.
I always thought motion city was one of those bands that would breakup if anyone left. But I'm glad they are continuing, hopefully they can find a permanent replacement who will stick around. Really hope they don't turn into one of those bands with members coming and going all the time.
10:48 AM on 03/20/13
Mochem
User Info.
That's very upsetting. He's my favorite drummer. Good luck to him and the rest of the band in the future.
10:48 AM on 03/20/13
blimpcityhero11
#WreckThisLeague
User Info.
Man, complete shocker. I completely understand the decision though. He's definitely one of the nicest, most genuine people I've ever met in my various concert experiences, and I wish nothing but the best to him in the future.
10:51 AM on 03/20/13
Maiaophilia
my heart beats pacific -
User Info.
I always thought motion city was one of those bands that would breakup if anyone left. But I'm glad they are continuing, hopefully they can find a permanent replacement who will stick around. Really hope they don't turn into one of those bands with members coming and going all the time.

I really dont see this happening at all... Justin, Josh, Jesse and Matt seem to be in it for the long haul...

but I mean the fact that all the members live all over the country must make it a little hard ...
billyboatkid
The Protagonist of Loneliness
User Info.
That sucks. He is tight live.
CarouselBoy
Not everything, not yet
User Info.
That is a shame. I wonder how this will affect their longetivity
10:55 AM on 03/20/13
Fox83
User Info.
I always feared this could happen simply because Tony is one of the few drummers that I feel actually has a defining "voice" in the overall band. His drumming is practically a melody at times and completely stands out to me. Songs like Broken Heart, Can't Finish What You Started, and the list goes on...they all have his signature and I don't think the songs would be nearly as strong without his work. There are very few current pop/punk bands that have a drummer that I appreciate more than Tony.

This is a huge blow to me. I'll always be a MCS fan, but I'm already beginning to prepare for this loss.
10:55 AM on 03/20/13
Supernova
Stuck In An Elevator
User Info.
Oh no.... I did not see this coming. I saw these guys sticking together as whole as they have since I became a fan in 2004(with 'My Favorite Accident' in Burnout 3: Takedown on PS2). Tony is a cool dude and hate to see him go and the lineup change...... but I understand. Best wishes to him and the band.

So glad to hear they are writing new stuff. Been my fav band for years.

EDIT: Two Fallout themed avatars in a row. YES!
10:57 AM on 03/20/13
zachff
deadformat.net/tradelist/zachff
User Info.
Well fuck. That's really disappointing, I'd always held MCS' lineup up as a model of consistency.
11:00 AM on 03/20/13
Mailbox Rumor
User Info.
Damn. My favorite member. Cool dude.
11:01 AM on 03/20/13
Maiaophilia
my heart beats pacific -
User Info.
It is amazing though that they managed to keep it together for 11 years... considering only two of them live in Minneapolis still...
11:01 AM on 03/20/13
RyanFTW
ATTACK POP PUNK
User Info.
Tony is an extremely awesome guy and I hope he ends up doing more awesome things. That being said, it'll be hard to truly replace such a creative drummer.
11:02 AM on 03/20/13
Readyfuels
COYS
User Info.
Did not see this one coming at all. Tony is so nasty. Hopefully he keeps playing in some form.
11:03 AM on 03/20/13
dunkinsdonut
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
11:04 AM on 03/20/13
Fox83
User Info.
Whoever permanently replaces Tony could easily play his stuff, but CREATING it as well as Tony will be a huge task, in my opinion. I'm so bummed about this.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos