Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 4 posts
02:09 PM on 03/20/13
Robb
ism
User Info.
After my first listen, I don't like it too much. Definitely their weakest in a LONG time - weaker than Exciter.

While I know it won't grow to be a favorite, there are a number of tracks that I do anticipate growing pretty strongly.
11:20 PM on 03/20/13
Robb
ism
User Info.
Not the first time I've heard it's worse than Exciter, which is really disappointing. I really dislike Exciter.
I don't love it, and don't dislike it. Exciter was my least favorite mostly because I just loved almost all of their output more.

If you didn't like Exciter's sluggish mood, you might like Delta more. It's got an overall more upbeat pace.

On the plus side, I have had some lingering desirability to re-listen to Delta - if it was horrible, I'd just think, nah.
11:57 PM on 03/21/13
Robb
ism
User Info.
I've been thinking about getting into them. Where should I start?
If you want an album, you can't go wrong with Violator.

But really, I'd suggest starting with The Singles 86>98

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00000DAGD/absolutepunk-20/

This collection is just so freaking good, that if you were ever going to like DM, this double disc set will have you hooked.
12:03 AM on 03/22/13
Robb
ism
User Info.
I dislike Exciter's sleepy vibe a lot, so the fact it's more upbeat is good to hear. Skimming through the tracks, I hear hints of VCMG, which I enjoyed far more than Sounds of the Universe, which I was lukewarm on. It's weird, I enjoyed Hourglass and VCMG more than the last two Depeche albums.

Unfortunately, I don't except to get a chance to give it a full listen to Delta for another few days.

You liked Hourglass better than Playing the Angel?

Hourglass was better than Paper Monsters, but both of his solo albums were very underwhelming to me. I liked VCMG better than I thought I would. I was never as into DM's early bleep bloop sound - I think Clarke leaving the band was for the best.

But Delta often has a more stripped down sound in the music - less layering.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos