AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Rise Records News - Page 4
Displaying posts 45 - 60 of 61.
08:08 AM on 03/21/13
TylorPhillip
User Info.
Granted I did not listen to The Color Morale previously.
And this definitely wasn't my most anticipated release, but what's the deal with hating on the dudes voice? It actually sounds like the same human being singing throughout, which is rad. (EDIT: I don't know if it's the same guy, but conceptually it sounds that way) There's SUCH a stark contrast to people singing and screaming on an album these days that it just gets to the point of sounding stupid. This makes everything sound cohesive and real to me. There's literally hundreds of bands that do the super deep fake screaming with boyband clean vocals. so go listen to them if you need that fix.
It's not going to kill you to hear something done differently.
08:38 AM on 03/21/13
Sing-The-Sorrow
User Info.
Just listened to the album from start to finish... I really really like it. Lots of good songs. Clean vocals are well done... very Jonny Craig'ish. Screams could be better, but they're not horrible. At least they sound genuine. I've heard worse. Lyrics are positive, I like that.

Overall: It sounded like a hybrid of From First To Last (Matt Good era) x Dance Gavin Dance x DRUGS x Saosin (guitars only). Does it live up to most anticipated status?... remains to be seen. But so far this album and Bring Me The Horizon's are the best albums I've heard this year, thus far.
08:41 AM on 03/21/13
Sing-The-Sorrow
User Info.
Granted I did not listen to The Color Morale previously.
And this definitely wasn't my most anticipated release, but what's the deal with hating on the dudes voice? It actually sounds like the same human being singing throughout, which is rad. (EDIT: I don't know if it's the same guy, but conceptually it sounds that way) There's SUCH a stark contrast to people singing and screaming on an album these days that it just gets to the point of sounding stupid. This makes everything sound cohesive and real to me. There's literally hundreds of bands that do the super deep fake screaming with boyband clean vocals. so go listen to them if you need that fix.
It's not going to kill you to hear something done differently.

I'm in the same boat as you... I haven't listened to this band previously, and this wasn't my most anticipated album either. But I really enjoyed listening to it. Sometimes the best albums are the one's you don't expect and catch you by surprise. Is it really the same singer throughout the whole album? If so, that's impressive.
08:59 AM on 03/21/13
phisylus
User Info.
I'm probably one of the few that actually like the new screams. Sounds more raw and like the singer said he was tired of doing those "fake" screams just to fit the metalcore sound. Sounds like a catchier stray from the path.
Ya man, I don't mind the new screams at all. I actually like them and think they're nothing anyone should complain about.
09:17 AM on 03/21/13
bcocke
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Album gets better as it goes on. I get the feeling the people in this thread are only listening to the first few songs and then quitting.
12:33 AM on 03/23/13
JayDanielHammer
solidkneeplus.tumblr.com
User Info.
I love the screams. I like Stray for that reason.

I didn't expect a thing from this album but I haven't felt an urge to turn it off in the first time through yet.
08:13 AM on 03/24/13
YoDaddae
When keepin' it real goes wrong
User Info.
i can see how people would like this but i imagine this band sounding REAL bad live... both cleans and screams sound like they took a lot of work to sound decent
I've seen them live. Garrett actually sounds pretty close to what he does in the studio. Whether a good night or not, he can still sing pretty close to the record.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests