Username
Password

10:13 AM on 03/21/13 
User Info.
Chris.Cullari
Is From Beyond Time!
Los Angeles, CA
Male - 27 Years Old
Someone write me a horror script that takes place predominantly in one location with a relatively small cast that I can pull off on a low budget and I will produce it. Thanks.

Therein lies all the rubs. Such a tricky thing to do.
12:02 PM on 03/21/13 
User Info.
Montauk1222
Your 3-time APWP Champion
Miami, FL
Male - 25 Years Old
I have handful of half-written horror scripts. I always end up abandoning them upon the realization that everything I want to do has already been before and better.

Someone write me a horror script that takes place predominantly in one location with a relatively small cast that I can pull off on a low budget and I will produce it. Thanks.

I have an idea for a half comedy, half gore movie revolving around zombies idea but idk if it would fit the criteria of one location but certainly could be adjusted to such.
12:16 PM on 03/21/13 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Your mouth to God's south.
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 22 Years Old
Me and my writing partner just finished our latest short Movie Tyme, which we sent (script and finished product) to Glenn Howerton after seeing his open twitter cattle call thing. Other shorts we're working on right now include Brainmail and iCarly Writer's Room (though that show is off the air now, so we'll need to update the kid's show), and Idiocy By Numbers & Not So La-Z-Boys are the two features we're putting the final touches on. All working titles of course.
12:34 PM on 03/21/13 
User Info.
skibby15
Registered Member
The Hoosier State
Male - 23 Years Old
i wish i had something to submit to the Glenn Howerton call. haha
12:38 PM on 03/21/13 
User Info.
a speedo model
an enthusiast
Chicago, IL
Male - 27 Years Old
I have handful of half-written horror scripts. I always end up abandoning them upon the realization that everything I want to do has already been before and better.

I want to do this so badly. A one location, small cast horror film with awesome gore.
12:45 PM on 03/21/13 
User Info.
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
Raynham, MA
Male - 25 Years Old
Staff Member
I have an idea for a half comedy, half gore movie revolving around zombies idea but idk if it would fit the criteria of one location but certainly could be adjusted to such.
I'm interested in hearing more. Hit me up sometime.
12:45 PM on 03/21/13 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 22 Years Old
Made a terrible short film in high school called Blood Farm. It was awesome.
01:46 PM on 03/21/13 
User Info.
i like apples
Kyle Max
New York City
Male
Made a terrible short film in high school called Blood Farm. It was awesome.

Well that title needs to live on because it's a thing of legend haha
03:05 PM on 03/21/13 
User Info.
Chris.Cullari
Is From Beyond Time!
Los Angeles, CA
Male - 27 Years Old
For anyone who wants to get started screenwriting but doesn't know how: http://mypdfscripts.tumblr.com/

Read. Just read. Horror, sci-fi, action, drama, films you love and films you hate. Read as many scripts as you can, and once you get a sense for what you like, get a copy of Celtex or Final Draft. Both programs will help you with most of your page formatting, but just in case, I'd bookmark this page, too.

The most important thing to remember is that STRUCTURE IS KING in screenwriting. The metaphor's a cliche, but it's absolutely true: a screenplay is a blueprint. It doesn't mean the finished product can't be a hut or a skyscraper or the Pentagon, but there are only so many ways to warp your materials before your building won't even stand up. This is a pretty good guide to the basics.

I'd outline your story before you start writing. That'll help you see where you're going before you get lost writing scenes. The only thing that goes in your action lines should be whatever an audience will see on screen. "Lionel quivers," is fine, "Lionel is afraid" is not. Show don't tell. Characters can be contradictory. People don't always say what they mean, and don't often talk about how they're feeling. Keep your descriptions as crisp and clear possible (again with the blueprints: they show every detail but aren't very colorful.) Flowery language dies on the page.

Write, write, write, and don't stop when it isn't fun anymore. The best work hurts.
03:16 PM on 03/21/13 
User Info.
i like apples
Kyle Max
New York City
Male
For anyone who wants to get started screenwriting but doesn't know how: http://mypdfscripts.tumblr.com/

Read. Just read. Horror, sci-fi, action, drama, films you love and films you hate. Read as many scripts as you can, and once you get a sense for what you like, get a copy of Celtex or Final Draft. Both programs will help you with most of your page formatting, but just in case, I'd bookmark this page, too.

The most important thing to remember is that STRUCTURE IS KING in screenwriting. The metaphor's a cliche, but it's absolutely true: a screenplay is a blueprint. It doesn't mean the finished product can't be a hut or a skyscraper or the Pentagon, but there are only so many ways to warp your materials before your building won't even stand up. This is a pretty good guide to the basics.

I'd outline your story before you start writing. That'll help you see where you're going before you get lost writing scenes. The only thing that goes in your action lines should be whatever an audience will see on screen. "Lionel quivers," is fine, "Lionel is afraid" is not. Show don't tell. Characters can be contradictory. People don't always say what they mean, and don't often talk about how they're feeling. Keep your descriptions as crisp and clear possible (again with the blueprints: they show every detail but aren't very colorful.) Flowery language dies on the page.

Write, write, write, and don't stop when it isn't fun anymore. The best work hurts.

Real nice, thanks for adding this.
03:31 PM on 03/21/13 
User Info.
Chris.Cullari
Is From Beyond Time!
Los Angeles, CA
Male - 27 Years Old
Real nice, thanks for adding this.

Of course! Hope the thread keeps growing.
04:04 PM on 03/21/13 
User Info.
aolsux
phase reverse
Reading, PA
Male - 25 Years Old
I have written five full length feature screenplays. I also wrote for a television show (never aired) during its three year futile development period.
04:06 PM on 03/21/13 
User Info.
chiefjordo
Go Gophers!
Anyone follow the Unfinished Scripts on Twitter? I enjoy it.

https://twitter.com/UnfinishedS

I've often considered writing as I love TV, but I don't imagine I'd be more than an average screenwriter, so... Eh. Nothing but respect for those who do it.
04:22 PM on 03/21/13 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 22 Years Old
Anyone follow the Unfinished Scripts on Twitter? I enjoy it.

https://twitter.com/UnfinishedS

I've often considered writing as I love TV, but I don't imagine I'd be more than an average screenwriter, so... Eh. Nothing but respect for those who do it.
Oh, man, that's one of my favorite novelty accounts. The ones that just go off the rails at the end kill me.
04:26 PM on 03/21/13 
User Info.
startsacraze
went on to save spring break
Motion City, ST
Male
I write all the time, but never finish my shit. I was actually very excited about a short horror film I had pretty much completed, only to find out Shyamalan had stolen my idea years ago and fucked it all up.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos