Petter Carlsen - 03.20.13
|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
1. How did you get your band name?
I was born with that name. + Andreas in the middle. Decided to drop it for this musically solo project
2. How did this band get started?
Actually this journey started the minute my rockbound dissolved. So it started on my bed with my guitar.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
Anathema, Mew, Bon Iver, Katatonia, Kashmir, Coldplay, Radiohead, Ella Fitzgerald, A.A Bondy, King Crimson, Jeff Buckley, and lots more.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
I have toured with my heroes Anathema on a European tour and it was one hell of a ride! And now they're good friends of mine as well. They have since I was a teenager been very important to me musically. But there are of course other bands I would like to join. I would love to be a stand in guitarist for Metallica for example on a tour.
5. Best food to eat on tour?
Healthy food. Then it's easier to be on tour.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
Hmm. Many have said that it puts them off and they can relax in a more complete way. That's a nice compliment I think. Some have also said that my voice is quite unique and captivating. I want to contribute with something new. That is always the aim.
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
My mum for always believing in me! And a whole lot of others who have done the same.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
Ohhh…hmmm…This is a big and extensive question. I don't know what to answer right now.
10. Memorable tour experience?
Back of Anathema's tour bus, chatting with Vincent Cavanagh:
Me: - "This is the best thing that's ever happened to me!"
Vin: ……(long silence…serious face staring into my eyes)……….."You really need to get out more!"
11. What is your favorite song to play?
It changes from time to time. In the recent past it has been Built to Last, Sprits in Need and Even Dead Things Feel Your Love.
12. What is your vacation spot of choice?
I would like to go to Iceland! Also Thailand.
13. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Twisted Sister - Come Out and Play. My neighbour, who is 5 years older than me, teated me what was the stuff to lend my ears to. That and Norwegian artist Aage Aleksandersen - "Levva liver" My father always played that song when we were driving on vacation. Nice memo!
14. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
Flying. Cause it would be fun.
15. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
One that I don't want to mention, and one where my drummer tells me that I'm good, I'm very good, I'm the best!
16. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
I guess there is a lot they don't know.. I'm very fascinated by birds (not the band but the ones who fly). I like being out in the free and look at birds.
17. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
Well, its difficult to say. When I write I never think about writing something for the radio. Then the magic of the whole thing disappears. But I always send my songs to the radio and sometime they play it/them. Of course it's a good tool to be heard, but there's a lot on the radio that is the opposite of interesting.
18. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Play squash and football, but I have a knee that makes this difficult. I like watching films and birds. Playstation (but I don't have one, cause then I'm afraid nothing else would be done). Fishing. Spending time with the woman in my life. Listen to music, reading. Laugh!
19. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
Hmmm, nothing I'm afraid.
No one has commented on this interview.You can be the first. |