11:53 AM on 03/21/13
henry chinaski
User Info.
Damn this is good.
12:30 PM on 03/21/13
simplejack
Soundtrack of My Silence
User Info.
an album cover that fits with the music.
12:50 PM on 03/21/13
fly_guy
End in sight, we must fight
User Info.
This band literally tries to be any sound that's popular in that particular time just get bigger. I don't think I've heard one original thing from them. I actually took the time to watch that album trailer they had posted awhile back and was genuinely excited for the new album until the new song was released and I heard that is was exactly what Title Fight and Basement already did. This album art only further proves that they're just trying to dick ride the whole 90's grunge revival wave that's going on right now.
Not at all. If anything, they've been ahead of the curve. Dispirit came out in 2010, before both Shed and I Wish I Could Stay Here came out. You obviously don't know anything about the band or their music and are taking the easy way out on this one. Anyone who compares a band to Title Fight is automatically lazy in my eyes, because thats the easiest comparison you can make. Try again.

Daylight has gotten little to no love for how good they really are up until recently and deserve every bit of it.
01:09 PM on 03/21/13
fothermucker
Show's over, mother fuckers.
User Info.
Probably my most anticipated album for this year.
02:16 PM on 03/21/13
youngblood666
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
hey did you guys know this looks like the 90s?
02:37 PM on 03/21/13
seanr91
User Info.
Not at all. If anything, they've been ahead of the curve. Dispirit came out in 2010, before both Shed and I Wish I Could Stay Here came out. You obviously don't know anything about the band or their music and are taking the easy way out on this one. Anyone who compares a band to Title Fight is automatically lazy in my eyes, because thats the easiest comparison you can make. Try again.

Daylight has gotten little to no love for how good they really are up until recently and deserve every bit of it.
Agree on everything you said.
03:26 PM on 03/21/13
ACA
Next Show: Braid/GreatBigPileLeaves
User Info.
Sick live band that is going to turn some heads once everyone gets their own out of their asses and listens to these guys.
03:49 PM on 03/21/13
more heart
Get Hurt
User Info.

Listen to Jesse, ya nerds.
04:36 PM on 03/21/13
thenewline
memories from ashes
User Info.
This band literally tries to be any sound that's popular in that particular time just get bigger. I don't think I've heard one original thing from them. I actually took the time to watch that album trailer they had posted awhile back and was genuinely excited for the new album until the new song was released and I heard that is was exactly what Title Fight and Basement already did. This album art only further proves that they're just trying to dick ride the whole 90's grunge revival wave that's going on right now.

Strongly approve of this post.

Maybe if the singer didn't come off as such a cocky prick, I'd be more inclined to care.

Though he did answer my question on Tuesdays with Tay, about the owner of rcf always out on tour. When he should be fixing the shitfest of customer service issues with the merch store ;)
04:56 PM on 03/21/13
ffadam
Heaven Sent
User Info.
They were really good on Tuesday, new song sounded great. Hope the rest is as good as this.
05:59 PM on 03/21/13
InaGreendase
Registered Member
User Info.

Except Dispirit sounded virtually nothing like this. I've followed this band since Sinking was in demo form and enjoyed everything since, but the original criticism really isn't that far off.
08:04 PM on 03/21/13
mka12992
Is this darkness in you too?
User Info.
Yeah I'm into this. If they're "riding a 90s grunge revival wave" then, fuck, so am I.
10:49 AM on 03/22/13
frenchatticus
"Capitalism is killing music."
User Info.
I agree with the guy who said this isn't right. These bands write all at the same time. I know the new Title Fight record did drop earlier, but still it's obvious that bands like Title Fight, Basement, and Daylight carry similar influences. Title Fight definitely utilizes some sounds and techniques similar to that of Sonic Youth and Nirvana in Floral Green, but the record really has its own sound anyway. Basement had a more Pearl Jam/Soundgarden approach, while personally I think Daylight is doing it best.
11:21 PM on 03/22/13
Dre Okorley
User Info.
Daaaaamn this is SO dope.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles