Username
Password
Skate and Surf Fest News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 38.
05:35 PM on 03/21/13
duritzfan13
Order inspires disorder
User Info.
This lineup is just so weak. Such a shame.. had a lot of potential. I still think if he just got a bunch of acts/reunions from the original S&S, that would've been so much cooler. I almost feel like this shouldn't be under the "Skate and Surf" name.
06:08 PM on 03/21/13
Thisisgoodbye
User Info.
This lineup is just so weak. Such a shame.. had a lot of potential. I still think if he just got a bunch of acts/reunions from the original S&S, that would've been so much cooler. I almost feel like this shouldn't be under the "Skate and Surf" name.
Exactly. There was so much potential for the return of S&S, but this is basically a bamboozle with a smaller budget.

I was expecting a bunch of bands who had performed the fest back in its prime in 2002-2003. That would have been the ultimate 10 year anniversary show.
06:45 PM on 03/21/13
ZachMadeMeOdd
<("<) ^( " )^ (>")>
User Info.
There are maybe four very good bands set for this fest including Glassjaw and FOB, but seeing as how I've seen both of those under much better circumstances and already seen the other remarkable bands I would watch multiple times, I'm a little let down by this line up. It would take a seriously surprising reunion, or Brand New for me to make the trip at this point.
06:46 PM on 03/21/13
kidinthebushes
User Info.
I heard The Number Twelve is reuniting for SnS. Not a huge get but that'll make 3 "reunions" after FoB and the Bandits.

HIPV was hinting at something too. I wouldn't hold my breath on either one after seeing the direction John D decided to go with Skate & Surf 2013.
06:48 PM on 03/21/13
ZachMadeMeOdd
<("<) ^( " )^ (>")>
User Info.
I'm going to assume most of the line up for this was chosen by hot topic t shirt sales.
07:16 PM on 03/21/13
esposimi
H.E. Pennypacker
User Info.
You gotta do better than that John D.
07:25 PM on 03/21/13
Sloth7
Kitton Mittons
User Info.
This rebirth of S&S continues to disappoint. With the exception of a few select bands, this in no way does the "Skate and Surf" name justice, seeing as how their lineups were always beyond excellent. This is basically just "Diet Bamboozle".
07:43 PM on 03/21/13
animefan13LPfn1
I ate a man alive tonight.
User Info.
I totally read Of Mice and Men as Of Monsters and Men. I got overly excited and brought back down...
I did the same thing.
07:56 PM on 03/21/13
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Exactly. There was so much potential for the return of S&S, but this is basically a bamboozle with a smaller budget.

I was expecting a bunch of bands who had performed the fest back in its prime in 2002-2003. That would have been the ultimate 10 year anniversary show.

A bunch of older bands 10 years past their prime don't sell enough tickets...
08:10 PM on 03/21/13
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen 701 bands live!
User Info.
Number Twelve is definitely NOT playing Skate and Surf. This is 100% confirmed.

That's unfortunate.
08:15 PM on 03/21/13
TheRealJohnOC
User Info.
HIPV was hinting at something too. I wouldn't hold my breath on either one after seeing the direction John D decided to go with Skate & Surf 2013.

Yeah I hear you. I mean, a lot of people were going into this expecting Midtown, HIPV, and every Drive-Thru Records band. I'd like to see it but you gotta be realistic. Adding Escape the Fate and Breathe Carolina is a little disappointing. There are a bunch of great scene bands out there that are talented but not extremely popular. I just wish he'd stick more towards talent instead of the almighty dollar sign but I can't blame him
08:52 PM on 03/21/13
QuietThings430
Stop liking things.
User Info.
Surprised Of Mice and Men is displayed as a headliner and Breathe Carolina isn't. Blackout got some decent airplay on Top 40.
08:53 PM on 03/21/13
QuietThings430
Stop liking things.
User Info.
A bunch of older bands 10 years past their prime don't sell enough tickets...
Sadly, yes.

Nostalgia isn't as big of a market as some people would think. But they could still do better. I'm sure there are more popular EDM artists they could've nabbed besides Timeflies.
04:37 AM on 03/22/13
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Yeah I hear you. I mean, a lot of people were going into this expecting Midtown, HIPV, and every Drive-Thru Records band. I'd like to see it but you gotta be realistic. Adding Escape the Fate and Breathe Carolina is a little disappointing. There are a bunch of great scene bands out there that are talented but not extremely popular. I just wish he'd stick more towards talent instead of the almighty dollar sign but I can't blame him
Booking a bunch of small bands and having a festival that doesn't sell well is just a dumb idea.
08:18 AM on 03/22/13
TheRealJohnOC
User Info.
Booking a bunch of small bands and having a festival that doesn't sell well is just a dumb idea.
He's in a 5k person lot. Not Boozle that saw like 50k every year. Even if he had a bunch of small bands that couldn't sell, the headliners he has now are enough to sell the festival out. Why it's not sold out..well that's the million dollar question. Fall Out Boy sold out NYC's Terminal 5 twice in like 5 minutes. That's 6 thousand tickets right there. A Day to Remember sold out most of their northeast dates on their current tour. The NYC venue they're playing at (Best Buy Theater) holds 2100. That was the first of their shows to sell out. Now you throw in Macklemore who has the number 1 song in the nation, Paramore is heavily rumored for day 1 and NFG (also heavily rumored after canceling the Canada show they had on the same day) and you SHOULD have yourself a sold out 2 days.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests