AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

The Wonder Years News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

First Impressions: The Wonder Years - "The Greatest...

Posted by - 01:15 PM on 03/23/13
I posted up some thoughts after my first listen of The Wonder Years' new album, The Greatest Generation. Check back on Monday when we debut a song from the album and the band comes by to chat.
See, I never really felt like I got this band before. I liked a bunch of their songs. I got why kids were relating with the lyrics. I understood the passion and the excitement. But there was never an it moment that cemented for me that this was anything special. It was good, it was fun, but with all the excitement I was seeing from other fans online Id always go back and re-listen to the albums hoping that I was missing something. That after this listen I would fully get why everyone was so excited about this band. Id always leave those listens a tad disappointed I know what it feels like to hear an album that completely shatters you and changes you I could see so many other people getting that feeling why wasnt I?

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 61
01:17 PM on 03/23/13
raptorz44
One Who Gets Away/NJ Success Story
User Info.
This post makes me beyond excited for this album. Can't wait to hopefully hear another winner from TWY.
01:22 PM on 03/23/13
jordalsh
twitter.com/Jordalsh
User Info.
hype at maximum levels
01:30 PM on 03/23/13
mike_aaron
I sing.
User Info.
My feelings are basically how you described yours before listening to this album. Which makes me that much more excited to hear it now.
01:30 PM on 03/23/13
Rysker6
I am not Tom Delonge
User Info.
I agree with a lot of this, and for me it's been more of a production thing. I guess it could be my partial hearing loss, but, I always thought TWY could sound so much better with just a little more polished final mix. Either way, I can't wait to buy this record.
01:34 PM on 03/23/13
dennk018
dennk018
User Info.
Ive never been crazy about them. Maybe this album will change my feelings as well
01:36 PM on 03/23/13
TSLataris
Representin' the 514
User Info.
That is essentially how I feel about this band. So after reading those thoughts, color me stoked.
01:37 PM on 03/23/13
guitarguy211
The Starship Renegade
User Info.
Exactly my thoughts. I can respect the band but they've never done much for me personally. I just have a feeling that this album may change that though...
01:38 PM on 03/23/13
iamthealex
Meet me in Montauk.
User Info.
Pretty fugging stoked about this.
01:41 PM on 03/23/13
RyanGarner
Registered Member
User Info.
Sums up how I feel about them, looking forward to the record.
01:41 PM on 03/23/13
AgainstTheCurrent
Paranoid Humanoid.
User Info.
My feelings are basically how you described yours before listening to this album. Which makes me that much more excited to hear it now.
Word.
01:52 PM on 03/23/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
I agree with a lot of this, and for me it's been more of a production thing. I guess it could be my partial hearing loss, but, I always thought TWY could sound so much better with just a little more polished final mix. Either way, I can't wait to buy this record.
Trombino mixed this one. Which I think definitely helps.
01:54 PM on 03/23/13
phillycheese37
I'll be back around
User Info.
Each record has been better than the last, so my expectations are definitely high for this one. Should be fun!
02:03 PM on 03/23/13
SomedayTheFire
when I die there'll be no trumpets
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
shit son
02:05 PM on 03/23/13
simplejack
Soundtrack of My Silence
User Info.
after that post I think it's completely impossible to listen to the album with "expectations removed".

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos