AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

The Wonder Years News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Reminder and Sneak Peek: The Wonder Years

Posted by - 03:52 PM on 03/23/13
Just a friendly reminder that Monday at 3pm EST / noon PST, we will be debuting the first song from The Wonder Years' new record, The Greatest Generation. At 6pm EST / 3pm PST, the band will be in the exclusive thread to chat with fans as well. Paired with the song stream will be a lengthy interview I did with Dan Campbell, a tiny portion of which you can read below.
Up until now, I’ve spent my life content in mediocrity, afraid of failure and hiding behind things, just saying, “This is the best I can do.” I made excuses based on where I came from and the defects in my bloodstream. I was hiding behind mistakes I had made in the past. I wasn’t fighting for great, I was content in good, and this is the realization that, to be the man I want to be, I have to stop hiding behind those things and move past all of them. I have to start focusing on where I want to be, how I want to be remembered and being more than I was.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 37
03:57 PM on 03/23/13
Oskarr
But I Won't Waste A Second
User Info.
Stoked stoked stoked.
04:18 PM on 03/23/13
jordalsh
jordalsh.wordpress.com
User Info.
Hype levels are off the charts!!!
04:18 PM on 03/23/13
ALT/MSC/FAN
Everything's Coming Up Milhouse
User Info.
Thanks for the reminder. I'm really excited for the interview.
04:29 PM on 03/23/13
randys950
@randys950
User Info.
any word on what song is being premiered? lead single? random song? or the opening track teased in the album trailer?
04:33 PM on 03/23/13
FTank
I hate Golden Tate
User Info.
any word on what song is being premiered? lead single? random song? or the opening track teased in the album trailer?
Based on Jason's first impressions, people think it will be either the second or third track, but it's not the one from the trailer.
04:34 PM on 03/23/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
Based on Jason's first impressions, people think it will be either the second or third track, but it's not the one from the trailer.
It's not the trailer song ... which is track 1.
04:46 PM on 03/23/13
[CuteWithoutThe
User Info.
Trailer song might be too special to show off just yet. I honestly might save this preview track for my first playthrough of the album too, dunno yet.
05:19 PM on 03/23/13
StephenYoung
dumb
User Info.
Sounds just about where I'm at.
05:20 PM on 03/23/13
ViTOP
http://twitter.com/VitoPagano
User Info.
Monday Funday.
05:32 PM on 03/23/13
heyzombiehitler
has feelings
User Info.
Sounds like something I need to hear at this point in my life.
05:33 PM on 03/23/13
lowerthanwill
User Info.
Trailer song might be too special to show off just yet. I honestly might save this preview track for my first playthrough of the album too, dunno yet.
I was thinking of doing this too, saving every song until i hear the album. i just think it will sound more special that way.
05:45 PM on 03/23/13
DevinDomino
FUCKyeah
User Info.
I thought I was done with this band when I stopped relating to The Upsides but holy shit I am very excited for this
06:28 PM on 03/23/13
luckisoverrated
So is breakfast food.
User Info.
The more I read, the more I think I might not want to hear this song yet...might want to listen to the whole thing all at once instead. But I might also be too impulsive and impatient to wait when it is just a click away :)
Either way, I am beyond excited for this. This band means so much to me that I feel almost proud of them in a way...if that makes sense at all.
07:30 PM on 03/23/13
LivingTheLyrics
What you feel will rarely rhyme.
User Info.
I thought I was done with this band when I stopped relating to The Upsides but holy shit I am very excited for this
Pretty much this. The band has a place in my musical heart that maybe three other bands have ever had... but at that point I was 18, kicked to the curb the week I graduated high school, and just moving in to my first wonderfully shitty apartment on one of the liveliest streets in Upstate NY... now I'm 22 and self-sufficient, so it's harder to listen to those records and recapture the same feelings as when that Upsides preorder came in the mail.

Really looking forward to this record, not sure if there's many more admirable people in music than Dan, when it comes to character/integrity.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos