AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

12:10 AM on 03/24/13 
User Info.
gfxtwin
Male - 29 Years Old
I work at a NPO in Texas. I'm not going to lie, I pretty much only volunteered for two reasons: To add karma points and to get internship credit. Well, I'm not getting credit and I have created a new website for them, many graphics, and have basically re-branded their visual look. I need to finish what I started, but after that I would really like to move forward with this graphic novel I'm doing the art for. But she wants me to stay there. Um, what should I do? What's the best way out of this, lol?
02:31 AM on 03/24/13 
User Info.
kbomb001
Jesus Saves
The World of Dreams
Male - 22 Years Old
finish what you started and quit

maybe even sue if you really you deserve the credit
07:02 AM on 03/24/13 
User Info.
Ricketts
@allenricketts
Dallas, TX
Male - 23 Years Old
I work at a NPO in Texas. I'm not going to lie, I pretty much only volunteered for two reasons: To add karma points and to get internship credit. Well, I'm not getting credit and I have created a new website for them, many graphics, and have basically re-branded their visual look. I need to finish what I started, but after that I would really like to move forward with this graphic novel I'm doing the art for. But she wants me to stay there. Um, what should I do? What's the best way out of this, lol?

If you need to move on, just do it. Don't let someone guilt you into staying. It sounds like you've already done more than enough work, especially since you aren't being paid. You put in more than you took out and that's all anyone could ask for. Be guilt free and strut right out of that motherfucker.
09:38 AM on 03/24/13 
User Info.
Crackbaby
Stupid inflatable pants!
Slovenia
Male - 21 Years Old
Sounds like you're not letting yourself quit.

Ricketts is right, don't let anyone guilt you into staying.
01:17 PM on 03/24/13 
User Info.
CoopDawg
My sun soaked skin...
Black Mesa Research...
G-Man - 22 Years Old
Kill your boss like in "Horrible Bosses"
10:31 PM on 03/24/13 
User Info.
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen over 700 bands!
Hudson County, NJ
Male
See if your boss has any connections for major companies looking for web designers. If you end up getting a full time job out of this, maybe you can help out the NPO on the side. If this is leading to nowhere, you gotta flat out say, "Fuck you pay me" or bounce. Also another thing to keep in mind, don't be guilt into staying. If you're really getting nothing out of this, just explain your situation and say that you'd "love to do this but you got bills to pay". If need be, guilt them lol.
12:02 AM on 03/25/13 
User Info.
JennaRossity
No Avatar Selected
Metro Detroit, MI
Female - 22 Years Old
Wait, you're not getting paid? People do unpaid graphic design work?
12:38 AM on 03/25/13 
User Info.
gfxtwin
Male - 29 Years Old
I was paid decently for making the website, but I kinda feel gross asking them for much more. Maybe I'll ask for around $100 to cover next month's gas bill, though. She's connecting me to other designers, but I realized over time that this NPO, while it makes it's goal and often delivers on creating a great and positive environment for the part of the community they are helping, I've found that artistically it is kind of limiting. The place has a very small town and conservative ethos. I mean, I'm mostly limited to using fonts that you'd normally see on posters for old westerns, lol. I'm down with that, but I hope to be doing album art or paintings or videogame conceptual art.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos