Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 106
08:41 PM on 03/24/13
lp670sv
Go Sabres
User Info.
I think I get what he's saying. The Bamboozle thing is the important part, he felt like he wasn't being natural and just doing his thing on stage. It felt forced.
patentpending
http://www.mattskibafans.com/
User Info.
oh boy, is this thread gonna be filled with complaints about this not saying why they broke up? they really dont owe anybody an explanation. they felt it was time to end the band, so they ended it.
And this I can deal with. I was never mad they didn't give us a bullet point run down of what exactly happened, I was mad that after all those years, they had just given us 4 sentences they probably didn't even write themselves.

But this, this I can deal with. It's genuine, it's as personal as they were building their fan base and drawing people in, even without explanation, he said what he needed and wanted to say and it came from a good place. A proper goodbye at least.

That's all I wanted, personally.
dennk018
dennk018
User Info.
I plan on reading this whole thing, but I saw the end of it real quick:

"MCR is not a band, it's an idea, and it lives inside of all of you"

This sounds an awful lot like The Dark Knight haha
Zulufu
User Info.
Clarity- his/ their heart's aren't into it. The concept of MCR is finished or taken far enough to be happy with it. It sounds like he is going to continue to make music and put more out, just not with MCR; I would not be shocked to see a new band around the corner. All diff members to be able to ditch the MCR concept effectively.
08:42 PM on 03/24/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
That response made me cry. Not so much from the content, but from the way it was worded. Gerard's style comes through in this statement, unlike the one on the site.

And I think the reasoning is given pretty overtly, not really sure what the confusion is after this.
08:43 PM on 03/24/13
trojanick
they all got boyfriends anyway
User Info.
08:46 PM on 03/24/13
fran.182
Euphoric Disconnection
User Info.
I just hope he continues making music...
08:48 PM on 03/24/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
Should have been the original letter.
08:50 PM on 03/24/13
The Raine
on this sinking night
User Info.
When he went into detail about their final show in NJ last May 19th and how it played a role in all of this, I tried to remember where I was around that time. Then I realized, I saw him the very next night for several hours at the deadmau5 "Professional Griefers" video shoot all the way in Los Angeles. Sunday May 20th. In hindsight, he was acting kind of strange all night. I mean, I wasn't surprised that he didn't chat much with the thousand-or-so people there, since they were all "EDM" fans, not fans of MCR or even their genre. But he just seemed...over life. Kept his shades on all night and seemed rather distant. Very interesting, though not all that surprising, to learn that something that crucial happened just the night before all the way on the other coast and triggered a bit of a bad period for him.

Anyway, great read.
08:53 PM on 03/24/13
Trevor Sostarich
Less Than A Sea
User Info.
I thought that letter was very tasteful. We don't have to know why they disbanded. Like the letter says, he started to realize he was acting. If it's not coming out as personal and genuine anymore, why continue?
09:03 PM on 03/24/13
Clark
Dirk Nowitzki's Beard
User Info.
That was a really good read. This is what should have gone up on Friday.
09:03 PM on 03/24/13
AgainstTheCurrent
Paranoid Humanoid.
User Info.
Reminds me of Kurt Cobain's suicide note. I'm not saying he's suicidal by any means, but the comments about how performing felt forced is very similar.

Also he seems to imply that he got back into drugs at some point during all this. I'm glad that he seems to be doing better.

How can anyone feel that this is "ambiguous"? Are you kidding me? He practically spells it out. It became an act for him and that's never what it was about. I'm sure other things influenced the split, but that seems to be the central focus.
09:08 PM on 03/24/13
frankiejuants91
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Nothing would make me happier than if this was the last I heard about this piss poor gimmick band
09:11 PM on 03/24/13
randys950
@randys950
User Info.
Should have been the original letter.
should've been. whoever got onto the MCR website and posted the break up paragraph had to be pissed off at something.
09:11 PM on 03/24/13
tdlyon
Set phasers to love me
User Info.
Nothing would make me happier than if this was the last I heard about this piss poor gimmick band
try harder

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version