Username
Password
Tour Dates News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 37 of 37.
10:19 AM on 03/25/13
Stephin_DC
Registered Member
User Info.
Great addition. Looking forward to the Toronto date.
10:25 AM on 03/25/13
shimmyshakes
Registered Member
User Info.
May 12th should be fun.
10:52 AM on 03/25/13
jimmyeatsboys
User Info.
Did they bail off the Anberlin tour? I know they had a pretty rough reception when they played St. Andrews in Detroit.
i couldn't be there that night but i heard that it was pretty bad. i'm sure they weren't playing bad, it was probably just the crowd but it was still pretty surprising.
03:06 PM on 03/25/13
saddr weirdr
We're all alone. grab a hold.
User Info.
Hitting up Roxy for sure.
04:01 PM on 03/25/13
RofAsing
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Who is the contact person for the booking of this tour?
09:02 PM on 03/25/13
...atfirstsight
User Info.
Were they really not getting a good reception on the Anberlin tour? They're easily one of the best bands making music right now. That really makes me disappointed in Anberlin fans, I know AGO seemed stoked to be on the tour and it was definitely one of the biggest they've been on. Either way, this tour sounds awesome and I hope they get to headline the south again soon.

There was a couple reasons for it IMO:

- They didn't take the stage for almost 2 hours after the doors opened.
- There were a lot of Paper Route fans there. Musically, there is quite a jump in terms of genre from AGO to Paper Route and I don't think the PR-only fans were into it.
-Their set list was 7 songs, and the crowd was cool through the first 4-5 songs. But I don't know if their songs are just longer in length (I'm an Anberlin fan) but they were on stage for a good while and the crowd was ready to move on. Then AGO went into a last song/intro thing where everything slowed down and it was just the lead singer and his guitar. The crowd was just done at that point and went back to their conversations... After trying to fight through the buzz, the AGO singer stepped away from the mic and screamed at the crowd: "Shut the ---- up!!!" and proceeded to jump off the stage (I missed what was going on at this point and none of the people I was with saw either). After a minute or two of confusion/awkwardness, he went back on stage and they finished their song. It was just a bad combination of mixed genres, a somewhat antsy/restless audience, and a little bit of poor set list planning by AGO.

(I consider myself a neutral observer and that's what my impression of the events was. I liked "The Season," but it was hard for me to get into their grungy, lil' bit of "Dirty South" style of rock being from Detroit and not knowing any of their songs beforehand)
09:18 PM on 03/25/13
underdawg1119
fghtffyrdmns
User Info.
Poor setlist planning? It's not their fault the crowd was shitty...why would they not close with their best song?
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests