AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Sum41 News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 43 of 43.
02:23 PM on 03/25/13
pbueddi
User Info.
Happy about this. Screaming Bloody Murder was a bit of a misstep in my opinion, and I was hoping for a follow up that could redeem them a bit. It was severely delayed which made me worry they were going to have a falling out with their label.

That said, I'm assuming this will be finished by the end of the summer but not get released until a year later because of said delays.
i believe they are no longer on island
04:27 PM on 03/25/13
tdlyon
User Info.
Super excited for this.
05:29 PM on 03/25/13
EnZo
Marklar
User Info.
I've liked these guys for so long...its hard to not check it out when they put out new stuff, ik they won't put out another DTLI or AKNF but still love these dudes
05:52 PM on 03/25/13
ctigers92
I always could count on futures
User Info.
Love me some Sum 41, but their time has come and gone. It would probably be best if they called it a day since their last couple albums were pretty terrible.
05:52 PM on 03/25/13
ConnorSteed
Empty Fate Just Means An Even Score
User Info.
really weird I was just thinking to myself earlier today when i was listening to Chuck that i was suprised they hadnt mad a new album announcement yet... IM PSHYKIICKKKHHKKHJKKJK.

Stoked tho.

and SBM WAS WAYYYY BETTTTERERR THAN UH. not even a question. UH was the only album by this band I didnt like. the heavy influence is what makes Sum 41 IMO
07:16 PM on 03/25/13
Fox83
User Info.
Was wondering about this. Doesn't surprise me.
08:54 PM on 03/25/13
pbueddi
User Info.
Was wondering about this. Doesn't surprise me.
Do not think they were a good fit anymore
09:51 PM on 03/25/13
ZeoVGM
PINK WIG, THICK ASS.
User Info.
The last album was a huge step up from the AWFUL Underclass Hero. It put them back on the track they were on with Chuck.
10:39 PM on 03/25/13
tdlyon
User Info.
I never got why everybody hated Underclass Hero. I love that album, and it's one of my favorites.
11:20 PM on 03/25/13
Bigballsinyoazz
User Info.
That's a polite way of saying getting dropped.

I think their overrated in general, a poor man's imitation of better bands ie. metallica, greenday, blink 182.
01:55 AM on 03/26/13
hectorial85
Saved The Day
User Info.
I've always liked Sum 41. For me SBM was a step back in the right direction. UH felt a bit weak for me overall (or rather, didn't have the lasting power as I've kinda grown out of that pop punk and grown with Sum 41 so for them to step back didn't sit as well with me). There are some great tunes on there but too much repetition (three or more songs have the same Chorus chord progression) and lifting from other bands (GD, MCR, b182).

I'll always give them a go and I'm excited to see what the new album will sound like. That being said I think I'm REALLY stoked for the new Gob album.
07:23 AM on 03/26/13
pbueddi
User Info.
That's a polite way of saying getting dropped.

I think their overrated in general, a poor man's imitation of better bands ie. metallica, greenday, blink 182.
not at all. their contract was up. i believe it was supposed to be done after UH, but they decided to do one more
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS