wroteurname
Registered Loser
User Info.
Bobby's last name was "Generic"
11:47 AM on 04/04/08
Joe DeAndrea
Radiosurgery
User Info.

Then where is it all? I think 4/6 of these songs were either released on their other EP or as singles on iTunes.

I have 21 in my iTunes.
12:00 PM on 04/04/08
NinjaJew
Grammar Chief
User Info.
Bobby's last name was "Generic"

Still didn't explain WTF brocoreness means...

Your words are like an epileptic fit on a forum: involuntary and prone to draw stares because your actions come without rhyme or reason. Get it together man; express your opinions with dignity.
12:02 PM on 04/04/08
lauren<3s music
i am a slippery slope
User Info.
all this band is known for really is autotune lol, i'd give them a 3 on vocals, and 4 on lyrics

you're kidding right? i've seen them live several times as fnb and in different projects and i'm going to call bullshit. chris barrett is by far one of the most talented drummers you will ever hope to see. if you don't like the pop aspect fine, but don't knock these guys as a whole for their talent because that's just crazy.
12:05 PM on 04/04/08
Joe DeAndrea
Radiosurgery
User Info.
high school wasn't re-recorded. sounds like someone was looking for something to hate on.

I wouldn't really consider any part of this review "hating," but okay. If I was hating then the reviewer tilt wouldn't be so high.
12:10 PM on 04/04/08
NinjaJew
Grammar Chief
User Info.
you're kidding right? i've seen them live several times as fnb and in different projects and i'm going to call bullshit. chris barrett is by far one of the most talented drummers you will ever hope to see. if you don't like the pop aspect fine, but don't knock these guys as a whole for their talent because that's just crazy.

Drumming has nothing to do with vocals...or lyrics. I disagree with his vote on lyrics but he does have a reasonable opinion about vocals. Autotuning has its place, but it's not something to be used in every single line of a song...as FNB seems to be doing.

Autotune aside, I still find listening to them, first time through, rather enjoyable.
12:22 PM on 04/04/08
lauren<3s music
i am a slippery slope
User Info.
Drumming has nothing to do with vocals...or lyrics. I disagree with his vote on lyrics but he does have a reasonable opinion about vocals. Autotuning has its place, but it's not something to be used in every single line of a song...as FNB seems to be doing.

Autotune aside, I still find listening to them, first time through, rather enjoyable.

sorry should have said drummers/vocalist seeing as he does both. my point is live they hold up.
01:36 PM on 04/04/08
lwl was rad
User Info.
I wouldn't really consider any part of this review "hating," but okay. If I was hating then the reviewer tilt wouldn't be so high.

you're right, apologies. it's tough not to be defensive when you're in a pop band surrounded by a sea of critics :) no hard feelings, bud?
02:20 PM on 04/04/08
punkrockjew08
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
He is also awesome on the guitar. Get excited for the PICTURES IN PIECES DEBUT coming this Fall... i believe.
03:14 PM on 04/04/08
d00d81that
Christine
User Info.
listening to some of their songs makes me happy. haha
their music is really fun to listen to :)
04:40 PM on 04/04/08
DungeonsnDragon
User Info.
Jack's Mannequin does it better.
04:46 PM on 04/04/08
jacnrh
Let's Go Oakland
User Info.
Jack's Mannequin does it better.
How do you even start to compare JM to FNB?

Anyway, good review. I agree mostly. FNB is good fun music. I don't take it all that seriously but its great to drive to and puts me in a good mood.
05:00 PM on 04/04/08
DungeonsnDragon
User Info.
I highly recommend this if you like Backstreet Boys, with lots of auto tune
05:33 PM on 04/04/08
Until The Bombs
@_johnleary
User Info.
I have 21 in my iTunes.

No repeat songs? Wow. I'm suprised I haven't heard more of them.
06:35 PM on 04/04/08
woahsnow3
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
When is the new EP coming out on iTunes?

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos