Username
Password
My Chemical Romance News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 36.
10:36 PM on 03/25/13
Ricketts
@allenricketts
User Info.
I still want to hear the original versions to the songs they re-worked for Danger Days as well as the ones they totally didn't release. They played that song called "Drugs" at that concert as well as the original version of "Party Poison" before they "started over". They said they recorded 28 songs and then started over... It makes me think that they saved a few of the "best" demos from Conventional Weapons to be used for a fifth album, or the break up could have been in the works for a while and they are saving a few songs for a "Greatest Hits" album.
Considering the amount of repeating parts in Conventional Weapons, I'd say those songs are probably it. If they had more songs in the barrel, they could have put CW out as an album and made more money. I don't see MCR being the kind of band that will release disjointed, just-because-we-recorded-them songs after a break up just to make more money. Of course, the label probably has a lot of say in that but MCR have always been on great terms with Reprise so I still don't think it'll happen.
12:43 AM on 03/26/13
streetcar
User Info.
had a bunch of girls wanting to be vampires way before twilight. the end. "<<<wow really well written piece"
05:55 AM on 03/26/13
Archael
listens to good music
User Info.
These guys are being way overdramatic.
06:00 AM on 03/26/13
billysurvive
aimless arrow.
User Info.
Though at this present moment I can say that I'm not a huge fan of the band, I too will miss them for who and what they were. At a point, they were a staple in the music that got me into what I listen to today. I can remember one Christmas morning opening up "Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge" and being so elated on the record. I burnt that album out. All in all, this I feel will hurt more in the nostalgic sense and the fact that I'll never be hearing of them or seeing them anytime in the near future, if at all ever again.
06:33 AM on 03/26/13
Memphis
Eight miles high and falling fast
User Info.
Wow, I honestly think this is the best article anyone could write about the whole thing ever...
06:53 AM on 03/26/13
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Andy's a great writer. The end.
07:00 AM on 03/26/13
Maiaophilia
my heart beats pacific -
User Info.
Really loved reading this article, especially as a MCR fan since early 2004. --

I never really thought of Gerard as Batman, but needless to say this article is extremely well written...
07:09 AM on 03/26/13
fsmith84
Lock and load
User Info.
This article is a perfect articulation of why the "scene" shouldn't be compartmentalized. Just because a band looks and sounds a certain way doesn't mean there isn't something else more creative behind it.

I miss these guys more and more as I read articles like this. Major respect to Grantland for running an article like this, especially in long-form (and so immediate) where most major media had this as a footnote. Besides AP, Grantland is the one website I check every day and especially where I read every article. Their writers are top-notch.
08:05 AM on 03/26/13
spooky2k
'something witty'
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I'm not the biggest MCR fan but always respected what they were trying to do. This article is fantastic. I'll be adding that site to my daily feed.
08:15 AM on 03/26/13
Holly HoX!
User Info.
I'm not the biggest MCR fan but always respected what they were trying to do. This article is fantastic. I'll be adding that site to my daily feed.

Go back and read all of Chuck Klostermans articles and the rock history series
08:16 AM on 03/26/13
NationalProduct
User Info.
damn, im just hearing the broke up now? wtf was i
10:25 AM on 03/26/13
youareallfreaks
thoust dare quoth i?
User Info.
Good band that is generally underrated by many due to their popularity and (pre)teen fanbase.

Danger Days is the sound they were searching for their entire career, it's nice to see they finally landed on it and finished with it. Conventional Weapons is a nice little parting gift, too. I love the two-song-per-month model. Time will show that they pioneered what-will-eventually become a big part of the music industry.

They weren't the most amazing musicians (especially live), but they were good enough and their creativity and passion certainly made up for anything else they lacked.

"Give 'em Hell, Kid" is a personal favorite. That fast, loose, almost-raunchy sound is them at their best, in my opinion.
Releasing songs not albums already a big part of the industry - see EDM. I'd rather soak in a nice, fully-fleshed out, MCR concept album or something to that effect and I feel like the two songs per month actually lead to their demise.
10:56 AM on 03/26/13
melgebraic
mathematical
User Info.
Andy did such a fantastic job with this piece. I would call myself a casual MCR fan, at best, but I could always appreciate their approach and how much they meant to this music scene. Maybe not pioneers, but certainly leaders in the pack in breaking down walls and barriers for "the scene."

Also major props to Mr. Greenwald, himself. A huge advocate for the bands in this scene and I think he is probably the best at articulating why these punk/pop-punk/emo/whatever acts deserve the respect of the masses. Really cool that he is using his platform at Grantland to spread the message that bands from this genre, like MCR, do not fit into the running-eyeliner-and-broken-heart box that uninformed stereotypes try to place them in--they're much more than that.
I loved this article and was looking for similar ones from the same author. I only see articles about tv shows, movies and other entertainment fodder though. Is there other specific articles where he references bands from similar "scenes"? Thanks in advance.
11:04 AM on 03/26/13
Holly HoX!
User Info.
I loved this article and was looking for similar ones from the same author. I only see articles about tv shows, movies and other entertainment fodder though. Is there other specific articles where he references bands from similar "scenes"? Thanks in advance.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/031230...dir_mdp_mobile
11:34 AM on 03/26/13
mrnegativezero
You wanted to set the world on fire
User Info.
Not surprised the guy who wrote about the history of emo wrote a piece for MCR. Like his style and it's a good piece commemorating their career.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums