AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
The Wonder Years News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Wonder Years
Inside AP.net

"Passing Through A Screen Door" Is On...

Posted by: Thomas Nassiff (03/25/13)
The Wonder Years' new song, "Passing Through A Screen Door," is now available to purchase on iTunes for $1.29. If you liked our song stream, be sure to pick it up! Additionally, The Greatest Generation is up for vinyl preorder on Amazon.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 52
09:55 PM on 03/25/13
jordalsh
twitter.com/Jordalsh
User Info.
couldn't resist getting the single. keeping me occupied until May
09:56 PM on 03/25/13
CastlesXClouds
Relax
User Info.
Done. Pow.
10:01 PM on 03/25/13
Dookie1994
User Info.
10:11 PM on 03/25/13
sweetfootaction
Cake-eater
User Info.
$20 for the record? This raise in average price for vinyl over the past year or so is getting to be too much. I wish people would stop accepting these prices. When The Upsides came out I swear it was only 12 or 13 dollars. It's kind of surprising that one of the labels I used to dislike the most (Rise), currently seems to be one of the few labels left in this "scene" pricing their records more appropriately. If you go on SRC or Hot Topic and check out the vinyl selections, you'll see a vast majority of current releases going for over $20 while Rise (who was never previously known for vinyl releases) doing it right at records still under $15.

If people didn't accept these absurd prices, there wouldn't be a principle set and labels would stop raising the prices.
10:12 PM on 03/25/13
FTank
Blank
User Info.
take my money.
10:24 PM on 03/25/13
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
$20 for the record? This raise in average price for vinyl over the past year or so is getting to be too much. I wish people would stop accepting these prices. When The Upsides came out I swear it was only 12 or 13 dollars. It's kind of surprising that one of the labels I used to dislike the most (Rise), currently seems to be one of the few labels left in this "scene" pricing their records more appropriately. If you go on SRC or Hot Topic and check out the vinyl selections, you'll see a vast majority of current releases going for over $20 while Rise (who was never previously known for vinyl releases) doing it right at records still under $15.

If people didn't accept these absurd prices, there wouldn't be a principle set and labels would stop raising the prices.
gotta remember that it's a third party. for a lot of bigger labels they have to sell em for more or it isn't worth it because of how much they cost to make. paper + plastick still sells records for $13 but i get why a lot of labels do $15-$18. if you like the band/record then it's still totally worth it at least in my opinion.
10:25 PM on 03/25/13
kidinthebushes
User Info.
Do we know which color is available on Amazon?

Blue /600 (MerchNow pre-order exclusive)
Red /1200 (UK pre-order exclusive)
10:31 PM on 03/25/13
sweetfootaction
Cake-eater
User Info.
gotta remember that it's a third party. for a lot of bigger labels they have to sell em for more or it isn't worth it because of how much they cost to make. paper + plastick still sells records for $13 but i get why a lot of labels do $15-$18. if you like the band/record then it's still totally worth it at least in my opinion.
It's nice that you have that much disposable income. Seriously, in a years time vinyl prices have gone up at least $10. Those Midtown records that Hot Topic got repressed are like $24. When HT started doing re-presses I swear they were still under $15.

I hate the precedent this is setting.
10:37 PM on 03/25/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
It's nice that you have that much disposable income. Seriously, in a years time vinyl prices have gone up at least $10. Those Midtown records that Hot Topic got repressed are like $24. When HT started doing re-presses I swear they were still under $15.

Then don't buy um? Supply. Demand.
10:39 PM on 03/25/13
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.

it's just a matter of what i think it's worth man. i'd like to see a midtown-esque reissue that ever cost $14. the funny thing about that is licensing costs don't change. if hot topic has to pay the label $4 and the band $2 for each of those units sold - that $6 isn't going anywhere no matter if it's 2011 or 2013. licensed records are sold for a higher cost for a reason.
10:42 PM on 03/25/13
sweetfootaction
Cake-eater
User Info.
Then don't buy um? Supply. Demand.
"Support bands you love. Buy this overpriced record."

"That price is insulting."

"Then don't buy um? Supply. Demand."

I don't buy band T's anymore. I've grown out of that phase. The only real way I can do so (other than attending shows, I suppose) is vinyl. When it's ridiculously priced, I'm reluctant to do so.
10:43 PM on 03/25/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
"Support bands you love. Buy this overpriced record."

"That price is insulting."

"Then don't buy um? Supply. Demand."
Those are your two options. You can pick whichever you want ... no one has a gun to your head to spend your money.
10:49 PM on 03/25/13
sweetfootaction
Cake-eater
User Info.
Those are your two options. You can pick whichever you want ... no one has a gun to your head to spend your money.
You're right. I'm not disagreeing with you. I'm just voicing my opinion about this weird shift with all the "DIY -- VINYL -- DO IT FOR THE FANS" type labels becoming less and less accessible.
10:50 PM on 03/25/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
You're right. I'm not disagreeing with you. I'm just voicing my opinion about this weird shift with all the "DIY -- VINYL -- DO IT FOR THE FANS" type labels becoming less and less accessible.
No one buys music. They're in the business of selling music. They gotta try and make it where they can ...

Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums