Username
Password
Alkaline Trio News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 104.
12:05 PM on 03/26/13
slimfenix182
Registered Member
User Info.
Alt Press game it 2.5/5 and called it a "boring album".

Gotta consider who Alt Press' fanbase is at this point. I'm scared to know how their year-end reader voting awards turn out now. I'm guessing Falling In Reverse probably wins alot.
12:16 PM on 03/26/13
marchofmarty
SPINE, THIGH, AND BREAST
User Info.
There is no Radio pt. 2. The closer maybe has similarities in the vibe, but lyrically it's nowhere near as creative.

Well in an interview somewhere Matt or Dan referred to one of the songs as Radio Part Two.
12:17 PM on 03/26/13
kidinthebushes
User Info.
Do you always let others form opinions for you?

I read their review last night. I simply made a statement devoid of my opinion.

Do you always prematurely form opinions of others?
12:26 PM on 03/26/13
NEVERGIVEUP
User Info.
This is so much more than i was hoping for. Alkaline Trio really stepped it up for this one. So catchy
12:29 PM on 03/26/13
Fuck You Aurora
Hi.
User Info.
I read their review last night. I simply made a statement devoid of my opinion.

Do you always prematurely form opinions of others?
Could you link me to the review if you don't mind ?
12:51 PM on 03/26/13
kidinthebushes
User Info.
Could you link me to the review if you don't mind ?

I read it in the magazine. It was just a short paragraph.
01:01 PM on 03/26/13
OldSchoolReason
User Info.
This is great - just seems a lot tighter than this addicton - sound totally reminds me of their split with One Man Army
01:01 PM on 03/26/13
glogglies
User Info.
Well in an interview somewhere Matt or Dan referred to one of the songs as Radio Part Two.
It's "Until Death Do Us Part", I wouldn't say because it's lyrically on par with Radio, but because you can literally interchange the lyrics because the melody is the same.
01:17 PM on 03/26/13
matthewisobel
User Info.
This is my favorite album by them yet. I enjoyed all the others but this one hits the bulls eye.
01:30 PM on 03/26/13
lovemetal24
User Info.
this band can do no wrong
02:00 PM on 03/26/13
TJ Wells
i'll see you at the movies.
User Info.
I feel like anyone who's been following their career since Good Mourning or earlier should be able to tell immediately that this is their best record since Crimson; I feel like it's pretty clear after first listen (probably better than that record, honestly). It's certainly not top heavy like the past two records have been, and I really love some of the lyrics on here, particularly "Only Love."
02:05 PM on 03/26/13
ALK3ADDICT
let it all go
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
it is a brilliant album just like every other alkaline trio album i have never disliked anything they have done and have been my favourite band since i was 13 (24 now). I love it and am sure it will grow with every listen. I have never understood the way people have said their last few albums have been a massive deparure from their earlier work. I just dont see it and I have not listened to any other band more than Alkaline Trio, seriously EVERY day for nearly over 11 years. Always be my favourite band.

Edit

Young Lovers is my early favourite
02:06 PM on 03/26/13
atlastitsok
User Info.
I feel like anyone who's been following their career since Good Mourning or earlier should be able to tell immediately that this is their best record since Crimson; I feel like it's pretty clear after first listen (probably better than that record, honestly). It's certainly not top heavy like the past two records have been, and I really love some of the lyrics on here, particularly "Only Love."
i was just about to post how 'only love' was blowing me away. on my third listen and it really stands out to me
02:17 PM on 03/26/13
TAI182
User Info.

As someone who has been following Alkaline Trio since the release of Good Mourning, I completely agree with this. I have not liked anything since Good Mourning as much as I like this album.
02:28 PM on 03/26/13
harsh reality
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

We both know this is the last website that should be throwing stones.

While that Warhol single is absolutely horrendous, this album is fairly solid all around.

Easily their best effort since FHTI
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News