Username
Password

Comments: Page 7
Displaying posts 90 - 104 of 104
05:25 PM on 03/27/13
slimfenix182
Registered Member
User Info.
The bonus tracks will be all dan songs, I'm sure. that's how it goes these days. "Burned is the House" is easily in the top ten Alk3 songs and it didn't make the cut on A&I.

My Shame Is True has a pretty standard Trio split, it def did feel like Dan should've had one more song on each of the previous two albums though (even though I still like Matt and Dan equally, which doesn't seem to be the popular opinion these days) but no way are all four bonus tracks Dan tracks. I wouldn't put Burned Is The House in the top ten but it should've finished off A&I instead of Into The Night which may be my least favorite Trio song as it's pretty much exactly Private Eye.
08:53 PM on 03/27/13
HogarthHughes
Go wait in the car
User Info.
My Shame Is True has a pretty standard Trio split, it def did feel like Dan should've had one more song on each of the previous two albums though (even though I still like Matt and Dan equally, which doesn't seem to be the popular opinion these days) but no way are all four bonus tracks Dan tracks. I wouldn't put Burned Is The House in the top ten but it should've finished off A&I instead of Into The Night which may be my least favorite Trio song as it's pretty much exactly Private Eye.
How do you feel about Shame so far man? I've gotta say, it's blowing me away more and more with each listen.
10:12 PM on 03/27/13
slimfenix182
Registered Member
User Info.
How do you feel about Shame so far man? I've gotta say, it's blowing me away more and more with each listen.

I love it. Love the flow of the album, love that it feels really personal without feeling forced. The production feels just right too. After Skiba had that meltdown, I was hoping for this kind of record honestly. It really feels inspired, really is a love letter set to music like Skiba said. Dan's songs are perfect. There's a couple of bridges that are really cool. Skiba has some guitar parts that really caught my ear, Dan has some great bass parts. I enjoyed the last two albums but they lacked something special. Obviously I can't say enough about the album. Lol I have the permanent Trio avatar but I wouldn't go out of my way to talk up the last two albums. This one, definitely. Love it man.
10:39 PM on 03/27/13
sammyboy516
User Info.
Did people not like A&I? That's the first album I listened to by these guys and the only one I really know and I think its good.
12:19 AM on 03/28/13
InExile
AOTY: Broad Shoulders by Dikembe
User Info.
She lied to the FBI is so so catchy.
06:06 AM on 03/28/13
HogarthHughes
Go wait in the car
User Info.
I love it. Love the flow of the album, love that it feels really personal without feeling forced. The production feels just right too. After Skiba had that meltdown, I was hoping for this kind of record honestly. It really feels inspired, really is a love letter set to music like Skiba said. Dan's songs are perfect. There's a couple of bridges that are really cool. Skiba has some guitar parts that really caught my ear, Dan has some great bass parts. I enjoyed the last two albums but they lacked something special. Obviously I can't say enough about the album. Lol I have the permanent Trio avatar but I wouldn't go out of my way to talk up the last two albums. This one, definitely. Love it man.
I agree with all of that. I dug the last two albums, Addiction more than Agony, but this one is actually in league with the older albums. Musically, it's a lot more interesting while still feeling like Trio. Some great bridges and guitar parts like you said. And of course, Dan is perfect. But yeah I totally agree about Matt. These songs are a return to the deeply personal, and you can tell they're written about a specific situation. Damn, how heartbreaking is "Until Death Do Us Part?" haha.
08:54 AM on 03/28/13
slimfenix182
Registered Member
User Info.
I agree with all of that. I dug the last two albums, Addiction more than Agony, but this one is actually in league with the older albums. Musically, it's a lot more interesting while still feeling like Trio. Some great bridges and guitar parts like you said. And of course, Dan is perfect. But yeah I totally agree about Matt. These songs are a return to the deeply personal, and you can tell they're written about a specific situation. Damn, how heartbreaking is "Until Death Do Us Part?" haha.

Yeah, great closer. Definitely love that one too. There's still 4 bonus tracks to hear! Haha stoked for those. I'm intrigued by the titles of those songs too.
08:17 PM on 03/28/13
ConnorSteed
Empty Fate Just Means An Even Score
User Info.
Matts songs suck. Same shit over and over.

Dans songs are incredible and catchy. Only Love, Young Lover, and I, Pessimist are the best 3 songs on the album.
All Dan songs.

And I used to be a Matt guy...
09:39 PM on 03/28/13
stevieoao
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Amazing recovery from This Addiction. I thought they peaked with Crimson and tarts to decline but this brings them right back up there. There's an attitude about this album that fits and works so well.
09:28 AM on 03/29/13
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
Honestly have found each record enjoyable in their own right. These guys are far from my favorite band but I own all their albums and this one is not different. The EP that comes with this album's bonus tracks are actually some of the best songs on the album. Broken Wing and Pocket Knife are great Dan song. I got the feeling I liked This Addiction a lot more than most fans but I guess it was because I am not as committed to this band as some. I like their music and think they are solid but I always expect a pretty good record on release.

If I had to pick a favorite it would be Maybe, I'll Catch Fire but do enjoy think this band is pretty consistently pretty good. From Here To Infirmary was damn solid as well and Crimson was really unique. I am sorta glad I am able to enjoy each release with no real big expectations.
03:11 PM on 03/29/13
Twizzla
Up, Up, and Away.
User Info.
Put "I Wanna Be A Warhol" and "Kiss You To Death" on the EP then insert "Sun Burns" and "Balanced On A Shelf" from the EP on the record and it would be perfect in my opinion. Still awesome I love it so far.
10:48 AM on 04/01/13
irememberhallow
User Info.
I only listened to 30 seconds of each song. I preordered it so I'm just gonna wait...what? a couple more days til it ships out? Cheers to seeing how this goes!
03:56 PM on 04/02/13
gspinn
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

The results are in. Broken Wing EP is 3/4 Dan.
04:05 PM on 04/02/13
slimfenix182
Registered Member
User Info.
The results are in. Broken Wing EP is 3/4 Dan.

Haha I saw that and was instantly like "fuck, came very close to eating my words". Def not complaining as Dan's songs on the proper release are pretty perfect, can't wait to hear the bonus songs when I buy this tomorrow. So so stoked.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos