AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

03:23 PM on 03/27/13 
User Info.
gfxtwin
Male - 29 Years Old
I'm wondering if it's too filmnerd-ish and might get misinterpreted by some FB acquaintances, or if the idea is just plain half-baked, etc. What do you guys think?

It's by no means a work of art, but hopefully it communicates "our agenda" to everyone pretty well and illustrates what the problem currently is ( judges getting angry and confused at the idea of of evolving their perceptions on civil rights for GLBT people). I want to test it out here first for many reasons.

Feedback?
03:28 PM on 03/27/13 
User Info.
Mikey Paine
AP.net's registered Fullonrapist
Annapolis, MD
Male
I would have absolutely no idea that's what it meant. I would assume it has something to day with LGBT rights...my first guess would be that the LGBT "agenda" is bending or manipulating the judges, which seems like the exact opposite of what you would want.
03:43 PM on 03/27/13 
User Info.
tottivillarossi
these pretzels are makin me thirsty
West Midlands, UK
Male - 24 Years Old
I would have absolutely no idea that's what it meant. I would assume it has something to day with LGBT rights...my first guess would be that the LGBT "agenda" is bending or manipulating the judges, which seems like the exact opposite of what you would want.
I thought it was four Louis CKs cursing God for giving him ginger hair.
03:50 PM on 03/27/13 
User Info.
WakingTheMisery
<3
TX/NJ
Male - 26 Years Old
Never gave a shit about the things I post on Facebook.
03:55 PM on 03/27/13 
User Info.
deanster321
BLEGH
Birmingham/Huddersfi...
Male - 23 Years Old
I get it, but it does seem as though people could misinterpret it. If you're going to post it on Facebook maybe add a caption that clarifies your position.
04:07 PM on 03/27/13 
User Info.
gfxtwin
Male - 29 Years Old
Have any of you seen 2001: a space odyssey? One of the earlier scenes is of a troop of apes discovering a monolith near them when they wake up. They start going apeshit (lololo), unaware of the fact that the monolith is setting them on the course of evolution. Right after discovering it, some apes suddenly have the idea to use bones for weapons and, much later after evolving into humans, technology. their technology takes them out into space (the unknown) and later on, as more monoliths are discovered, into enightenment and the next stage of human evolution.

I wanted to appropriate that metaphor and apply it to the current situation regarding gay mairrage. The judges who are against it are behind the times - stuck in older traditions and afraid of the inevitable change - much like the reactions that many of the apes had to the monolith.

Hmmm...now that I've typed it all out, I suppose it is very film nerdy, lol.
04:47 PM on 03/27/13 
User Info.
georgedcc
Seosan
Male - 23 Years Old
Yeah i saw it as a reference to 2001. I think it's pretty cool stuff, man.
04:48 PM on 03/27/13 
User Info.
drudo182
You Are Not Alone
Springfield, MO
Male - 29 Years Old
Have any of you seen 2001: a space odyssey? One of the earlier scenes is of a troop of apes discovering a monolith near them when they wake up. They start going apeshit (lololo), unaware of the fact that the monolith is setting them on the course of evolution. Right after discovering it, some apes suddenly have the idea to use bones for weapons and, much later after evolving into humans, technology. their technology takes them out into space (the unknown) and later on, as more monoliths are discovered, into enightenment and the next stage of human evolution.

I wanted to appropriate that metaphor and apply it to the current situation regarding gay mairrage. The judges who are against it are behind the times - stuck in older traditions and afraid of the inevitable change - much like the reactions that many of the apes had to the monolith.

Hmmm...now that I've typed it all out, I suppose it is very film nerdy, lol.

Half the people I know that use Facebook would never get that. Maybe you have smarter friends/co-workers.
04:49 PM on 03/27/13 
User Info.
SlappedActor
Tread lightly.
I get it, but I doubt most of my facebook friends would.
04:59 AM on 03/28/13 
User Info.
wall e
Beware of hitchhiking ghosts!
Agawam, MA
Male - 24 Years Old
I get it, but I doubt most of my facebook friends would. [2]
10:26 PM on 03/28/13 
User Info.
gfxtwin
Male - 29 Years Old
Is it really that obscure?