AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview
Hint: Have a band you'd like to see interviewed? Tell us.
Inside AP.net

Amity - 12.21.03

Interviewed by: Dave Gaslin (12/21/03)
Dave Gaslin- Introduce yourselves, and what role do you play in the band?

Amity- My name is Albert i play the guitar. My name is Evan I play the bass guitar. My Name is Cruz (Audelio) and i play the guitar. Johnny (drums) Albert G. (vocals).

Dave Gaslin- Through Being Cool, Dumbstruck and now Amity? Why the name change?

Amity- Oh man, Tbc ,DS those bands suck! haha Amity is what we’ve been looking for, it’s not the same band at all. Different members ,Diff songs and a diff outlook.

Dave Gaslin- What long term goals does the band have in store?

Amity- Touring, Touring, Touring, TOURING we love being on the road, we’re not stopping till everyone knows about us and has heard us or seen us live.

Dave Gaslin- Who would you guys like to tour with in the future?

Amity- All of our friends, You know who you are. I would love to tour with John Mayer –Albert (guitar) Stretch Armstrong –Cruz Dragon force-Evan

Dave Gaslin- Fact or Fiction? Warped Tour 2004?

Amity- It’s in the works......

Dave Gaslin- What kind of a response have you gotten since the name change?

Amity- The responses have been GREAT, kids have been nothing but nice to us. THANKS!!!

Dave Gaslin- What music are you currently listening to on the road?

Amity- Michael Jackson (when he was black) John Mayer, Dragon force, John Coltrane, Dillinger Escape Plan, The old Nsync (Before they sold out) Over it, Bane, Vanessa Carlton, The Dixie Chicks, Krs-One, J5,Nickle Creek etc......

Dave Gaslin- What does the title to the EP stand for?

Amity- Love conquers all.

Dave Gaslin- How did everyone in the band meet? How did Amity form?

Amity- Albert (Singer) and i (Albert-guitar) Met at Paul Mitchell (Beauty School).Albert (guitar) had a cousin who modeled and played Drums really well so they started jamming out .Albert (guitar) had been friends with Cruz (guitar) for a while who moved out from the U.K after working for green peace. He was flying out to L.A to pursue his music career. Cruz long time comrade Even Lindsey Smith VII, esq. Decided to quit his ARCHAEOLOGY profession and move out to L.A. to pursue his Lounge singing career, But in the summer of 2004 decided to create AMITY.

Dave Gaslin- When can we expect a full length album?

Amity- By the end of summer 2004.

Dave Gaslin- How did you guys come up with your style when you put your songs together for the first time?

Amity- Hanging out at coffee shops and talking about our feelings.

Dave Gaslin- What is your favorite song to play on the EP?

Amity- Everyone is hardcore lets hope we fit in

Dave Gaslin- What do you guys think the best album of 2003 is?

Amity- Randy Savage( Macho Man) rap cd. Timing is everything (by. Over it)

Dave Gaslin- What direction do you see music taking itself?

Amity- Music today is losing it’s self, lot bands start bands for a lot of wrong reasons, Correct me if I’m wrong.

Dave Gaslin- Have you found any label interest?

Amity- Haven’t approached anyone yet. Our main concern is to build a fan base before anything.

Dave Gaslin- How has touring affected your friendships at home? Is it worth it for you to be on the road most of the year?

Amity- Its not affecting our friendship at all. It actually makes it stronger. It’s definitely worth being on the road all year long. We get to do what we love everyday.

Dave Gaslin- What do you miss the most about home?

Amity- Family, our pet Man sauce.

Dave Gaslin- Where are your favorite places in the U.S. to play?

Amity- New York, Baytown (TX)

Dave Gaslin- Hot or Not? What bands do you see in the spotlight, and what bands do you see in the gutter in 2004?

Amity- Spotlight= Name Taken, This Holiday Life, Yanni, and bands we see in the GUTTER are bands with no heart you know who you are.

Dave Gaslin- Any comments you would like to add?

Amity- “WHAT COMES EASY NEVER STAYS” (jimmy eat world).

Displaying posts 1 - 2 of 2.
06:06 AM on 05/05/05
kasiejones07
User Info.
i saw amity yesterday (may 4th, 2005) in spencer at the eagles club...can i just say....THEY WERE FUCKIN AWESOME...they have to come back again....a whole bunch of people showed up to see Nural but at least 3/4 of them would've chose Amity over Nural anyday....well just thought i'd say hi to the band....keep rockin..... \m/(>.<)\m/
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests