AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview

Acidic - 03.26.13

Interviewed by
Acidic - 03.26.13The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:

Acidic

www.acidicband.com
www.facebook.com/ACIDICband
https://twitter.com/acidicband
http://www.youtube.com/theacidicband
www.reverbnation.com/acidicband

1. How did you get your band name?

I personally think that coming up with a band name is the hardest thing about being in a band. This was true for us. We wrote a bunch of songs and had our style coming into a solid form long before there was a band name to put it all behind. It came down to the wire because we were going to play a show and the promoter needed a name to put on the marquis. I was drinking a soda at the time and looked through the ingredients list on the side of the soda can. I saw one of the ingredients had the word acid in it, so I blurted out the word ACIDIC and that has been our name ever since.

2. How did this band get started?

I started the band back in 2007 as a garage band with some friends. I quickly realized that I really enjoyed writing songs and that this could be something that I would continue with, as a career. I found Ted Dubrawski, with whom I had been in school for years, and Matt Whitaker by posting up flyers with broken drumsticks on them everywhere, when we needed a good drummer. We started jamming, playing shows, and in 2010, we started touring.

3. What bands are you influenced by?

Our main two influences are Green Day and Jane's Addiction. We were also influenced by bands like The Who and Red Hot Chili Peppers, as well as many punk bands from the 80's and 90's.

4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?

I would love to tour with Motley Crue to find out all about the 80's arena rock scene, and because they are rock 'n' roll legends. I would also have loved to tour with the Beatles back in the 60's to see where the modern touring rock band formula originated and to see them in their heyday. My dream for a long time has been to tour with Green Day. Billie Joe is one of my idols and it would be incredible even just to meet him and maybe jam around a bit.

5. Best food to eat on tour?

Not fast food; although it is true that it is quick and easy, you will regret it in every rest stop bathroom on the way to the venue! Most of us on the road eat Ramen noodles because they are also very inexpensive and filling. Stomachs can adapt and adjust, but the truth of the matter is that the healthier the food, the better the result. Walmart has great prices on reasonably healthy food and I have found in my years of touring that if I buy a bag of lettuce and some canned chicken, it is less expensive than burritos at any competitive chain.

6. Why should people listen to your band?

We practice what we preach and we are what we play. We want people to feel like they are a part of something big, that they can connect and truly relate to our songs. If you were to ask any one of our fans they will tell you that we make a point to meet every single person we play to, before a show, and we stay until the end of the night. This is more than just music, it is our life. We want to do something more than just play, we want to create a movement inspired by music and everyone who supports us can be a part of it!

7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?

Michael Jordan back when he was in the NBA. I was a huge fan of his and he inspired me to be the best and reach for my dreams and I have always wanted to feel what it must have been like to be in his shoes.

8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?

I would thank the people who made me - first my parents, who have been so incredibly supportive, and then I would thank our producer John Ryan for being a mentor to me in the industry. I would also thank my guitar and voice coaches and my brothers Matt Whitaker and Ted Dubrawski. The list would obviously be longer, but there we are.

9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?

I would bring back the days when record labels believed in start-up projects. It is a grueling industry and I have so many friends in bands who are always struggling. I would pay less attention to the established acts who don't need the help and focus on the truly dedicated artists who really deserve a shot at the big time. There is enough for everyone to share.

10. Memorable tour experience?

My most memorable tour experience was playing overseas a few years ago on New Year's Eve on an American Air Force base in Germany for our troops. They are amazing people and are truly dedicated to defending us. I am so glad we got a chance to go and entertain them a little.

11. What does AP.net mean to you?

Absolute Punk is the heart of democratically run underground music. It is where people can be honest and I admire that. I am very grateful to get a chance to be interviewed and I hope everyone gets a chance to voice their feelings about us and all the artists out there.

12. What is your favorite song to play?

My favorite song to play is Blackbird by the Beatles, it is my go-to, all alone after a show in a smokey dressing room, coming down from playing in front of hundreds of people, relaxation song. I love that song.

13. What is your vacation spot of choice?

I have a thing for New York City, I love the shows and Central Park, I love the action and walking around the busy city, easily able to sneak into a hole-in-the-wall pizza place to grab food and relax. Truth be told though, I have never been on vacation out of the country and I have always been curious about India.

14. What music reminds you of your childhood?

The Beatles for sure. I remember when I was a kid and my parents would drive me around and would blast them. It was an amazing time and I always get strangely nostalgic when I hear the song "In My Life," it gives me chills.

15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?

If I could have any super power it would be to go invisible at my discretion. With that super power I could make anything else happen, I could sneak into anywhere and find out anything I wanted to know or attain anything that I wanted being unseen. I feel that it is the coup de gras of all super powers.

16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?

Nothing illegal lately. I just warm up my voice and pray for a good show.

17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?

I love to cook and spend a lot of my time writing and thinking when I am not on the road. I am very lucky in the fact that I play music for a living so I try to think as much about that as I can. I also write commercial jingles occasionally.

18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?

I just don't have an answer for that and I don't think anyone does. I honestly think that if a person hears something that is truly great, that they truly love, than I don't think it matters where they hear it, they will love it. What the radio offers us is a wider audience with which to win over people and to become the music that they love. Here's to hoping.

19. What do you like to do in your spare time?

I cook, write music, aimlessly fiddle with the issues of the world and spend time with my family. I am a lucky guy.

20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?

If I am anything, it is not hidden. I am an open book. I can write songs and cook gourmet food, that is what I am good at. If I find anything else I will let you know.

Displaying posts 1 - 2 of 2
05:26 PM on 03/29/13
murlCymnnub
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Не получается <a href="http://kreditobank.ru/kakie-kredity-banki-ostavyat-v-svoej-produktovoj-linejke.html"> сайт сбербанка россии</a>, а мне нужно зайти в сбербанк онлайн личный . Достало что никак не получается войти для оплаты.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos